Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 week, 4 days ago

The place for off-topic discussion

When the 2012 motor sport titles were won

This topic contains 78 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Felipe Bomeny
    Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Jimmy Eriksson (Lotus) took the German F3 title today by taking two pole positions at Hockenheim- that’s another championship won by qualifying!

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

@keithcollantine It’s madness I know, one good reason for not having points in qualifying!

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

In Monza race 2, young Uruguayan Santiago Urrutia (BVM) clinched the Formula Abarth Rookie title ahead of Kevin Jörg. Tomorrow the championship will be decided between Luca Ghiotto and Nicolas Costa.

Speaking of rookie titles, Formula Abarth graduate Riccardo Agostini claimed the rookie’s title in Italian F3 previously in the year. German F3’s André Rudersdorf also took an early Cup title (don’t know the dates for Agostini and Rudersdrorf’s triumphs).

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2012_motorsport_champions

In addition, Kevin Giovesi claimed the Copa crown in the European F3 Open at Monza race 1 today.

Profile photo of Carlitox
    Carlitox
    Participant

Here in Uruguay we are truly excited about Santiago. Since motorsport isn’t popular here, our drivers struggle to get to europe. He has proved his potential, and with a bit of luck he might be offered a seat in Italian F3.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

@carlitox He’s had some great performances considering his rivals have an extra year of experience (Costa also raced in Formula Futuro Fiat and Bonifacio already raced in F3). BVM have an Italian F3 team so they might promote him, or he might do GP3- if I was a GP3 team owner, I’d definitely sign him for 2013.

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

Next week WRC will most likely be decided again

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

30th September – Formula 2 – Luciano Bacheta – Round 16 of 16 – Monza

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Jack Harvey beat Jazeman Jaafar and Felix Serralles to take the British F3 title at the final round at Donington!

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

30th September – FIA GT1 Championship – Markus Winkelhock/Marc Basseng – Round 9 of 9 – Donington Park
    30th September – British GT – Michael Caine/Daniele Perfetti – Round 10 of 10 – Donington Park

Profile photo of the_sigman
    the_sigman
    Participant

29th September – WEC GT Pro – AF Corse #51 (G. Fisicella, G. Bruni, T. Vilander)

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

One I forgot and if you go back through this thread you’ll see this name again.

22nd September – Porsche Carrera Cup Scandinavia– Johan Kristoffersson – Round 8 of 8 – Solvalla

Profile photo of xivizmath
    xivizmath
    Participant

You guys count in two-wheelers?

7th October – Superbike World Championship – Max Biaggi – Round 14 of 14 – Race 2 of 2

Profile photo of the_sigman
    the_sigman
    Participant

Updated list (7/10):
    12th February – Toyota Racing Series – Nick Cassidy – Round 14 of 15 – Feilding
    22nd July – Auto GP World Series – Adrian Quaife-Hobbes – Round 12 of 14 – Curitiba
    29th July – Formula Ford EuroCup of Nurburgring – Eric Lichtenstein – Round 3 of 3 – Nurburgring
    2nd September – British Formula Vee – Paul Smith – Round 12 of 14 – Donington
    9th September – GP3 – Mitch Evans – Round 16 of 16 – Monza
    9th September – Star Mazda Championship – Jack Hawksworth – Round 16 of 17 – Laguna Seca
    9th September – Porsche Supercup – Rene Rast – Round 10 of 10 – Monza
    9th September – French F4 – Alexandre Baron – Round 10 of 14 – Los Arcos
    9th September – Formula LO – Levin Amweg – Round 9 of 12 – Dijon-Prenois
    15th September – USF2000 – Matthew Brabham – Round 14 of 14 – Virginia
    15th September – Indy Lights – Tristan Vautier – Round 15 of 15 – Fontana
    15th September – IndyCar Series – Ryan Hunter-Reay – Round 15 of 15 – Fontana
    22nd September – Porsche Carrera Cup Scandinavia– Johan Kristoffersson – Round 8 of 8 – Solvalla
    22nd September – GP2 – Davide Valsecchi – Round 23 of 24 – Singapore
    22nd September – Scandinavian Touring Car Championship (STCC) – Johan Kristoffersson – Round 16 of 16 – Solvalla
    29th September – TTA – Fredrik Ekblom – Qualifying – Gothenburg
    29th September – German F3 – Jimmy Eriksson – Qualyfying – Hockenheimring
    30th September – Formula Abarth – Nicolas Costa – Round 24 of 24 – Monza
    ??? – German F3 – Jimmy Eriksson – Round ? of 27
    30th September – Formula 2 – Luciano Bacheta – Round 16 of 16 – Monza
    30th September – FIA GT1 Championship – Markus Winkelhock/Marc Basseng – Round 9 of 9 – Donington Park
    30th September – British GT – Michael Caine/Daniele Perfetti – Round 10 of 10 – Donington Park
    30th September – British F3 – Jack Harvey – Round 29 of 29 – Donington Park
    7th October – Superbike World Championship – Max Biaggi – Round 14 of 14 – Magny Cours
    7th October – WRC – Sebastian Loeb – Round 14 of 14 – Rallye de France

If I have forgotten something or add something (like Superbike’s junior categories) just tell me and I will update when I find the time.

Profile photo of Ryan Williams
    Ryan Williams
    Participant

@sigman1998
    22nd September – FIA GT3 Europe – Dominik Baumann/Maximilian Buhk – Round 11 of 12 – Nürburgring

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.