Off-topic

Will 2012 finally be Great Britain’s Year in Sport?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Younger Hamii
    Participant

I know this is off-topic guys but a few days ago i was thinking about my Life & 2012 in general & what occurred in my Mind is Football,Formula 1,Tennis & other things Sport related.Here’s why i think 2012 could be a great year for British Sport.

London 2012(Olympics) – A Promising variety of talent in Athletics coming really strong as well as a Promising Football squad(Beckham,Ramsey & others) in the hands of Stuart Pearce(Most likely & Coach for U21 England International Team).Could they live up to their promise by capturing Gold in their competitions.

Football : Euro 2012 Championships;Again England have a Young but promising squad with the likes of Phil Jones,Joe Hart,Danny Welbeck & Jack Wilshere(thats if he’s going) lead by the Experienced John Terry,Wayne Rooney & Frankie Lampard.They have been tipped to doing well & going all the way so many times in the Past & have failed to do so,Will it all change in 2012?

Tennis : World #4 & Britain’s #1 Tennis Player Andy Murray still hasnt won a Grand Slam in his entire career as of 2011.Made 3 Grand slam finals & several semis along the way but has failed to make that extra step of winning the big ones(Australian,French,US Opens,Wimbledon & ATP World Tour Finals).Growing increasingly stronger Physically & Mentally,going unbeaten in 18 matches towards the end of the year.He has to answer his critics ASAP!!!

Formula 1 : Now the bit that most F1 Fanatics would care most about and that is Formula 1,Remember we’re looking at Lewis Hamilton,Jenson Button,Paul Di Resta & McLaren.

So after this 2011 Season;Hamilton has had a frustrating,difficult season where he can take a lot onboard from & refering to that statement Lewis’ father Anthony has promised a ‘really strong Lewis Hamilton’.Did we see that in Korea? Abu Dhabi? Im certain 2012 will provide many answers to many questions regarding Lewis.

On the other hand,Button has had argubly the best season of his F1 Career so far & 2nd best to Vettel;Consisting getting the car where its Capable of,Wise but Hamilton-esq Overtakes i must say,Conserving his Tyres when necessary all making him the first driver to beat Hamilton in his entire Racing career i believe.

As for McLaren well started the year behind Red Bull once again after a Disastrous Pre-Season,Recovered dramatically in Australia(SEASON OPENER) but still played 2nd fiddle to Red Bull slightly but comfortably ahead of Ferrari in terms of raw pace(albeit Silverstone),Although challenged & harassed Red Bull(Or Vettel in particular) till the end on Most tracks,Beating Red Bull at tracks they were very superior at in 2010(Japan,Hungary & nearly Spain).

We all know how McLaren can develop a car throughout a Season but whats stopping them at the moment is their little hiccups at the beginning of the year.With Technical regulations looking set to remain stable,Could McLaren expand on 2011 & jump ahead of Red Bull for 2012.

Paul Di Resta;IMO the Best rookie of the season & has reguarly challenged his more experienced team-mate Adrian Sutil but has many things to learn from this season,Most certainly a future World Champion with the right equipment.

So in Summary: Critics must be answered as quickly as possible & 2012 must prove something different for Team GB(Murray,Hamilton,Button,Di Resta,England IF)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.