Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 week, 1 day ago

The place for off-topic discussion

Wimbledon 2012

This topic contains 37 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of katederby katederby 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

Exactly. As I was working there, I happened to hear a lot of opinions from our studio- both guests and our presenters. On the subject of the draw, nobody thought Murray had it easy, even considering missing Nadal. These included people such as Wilander, Cash, Becker and McEnroe- names you take seriously.

Profile photo of raymondu999
    raymondu999
    Participant

Wasn’t Tsonga injured when he played the semis?

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

I don’t think so. His little finger might have played up a little, but I don’t think it was anything too serious. I may be wrong though.

Profile photo of James_mc
    James_mc
    Participant

Well he did get whacked in the testicles at one point, I think that counts! :-D

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

I had access to that footage from about 20 different angles. Best part of the job.

Profile photo of ob1kenobi.23
    ob1kenobi.23

Although not a tennis fan & not a fan of Andie’ he has done remarkebly well to do something with his life after what he went through in Dunblayne.
    He was in the youth club that Hamilton ran & he & his mother often gave him a lift home.
    He was in the classroom hiding under a table while his friends were killed.
    I think he needed some help in coming to terms with this trauma, maybe it even shaped his outlook on life.

Profile photo of James_mc
    James_mc
    Participant

Very interesting re-reading this thread a few months later.

He may not have won Wimbledon but he has now won the US.

And if anyone chooses to point to the “fact” that Nadal didn’t play and Federer was out, all of the other “Big 4″ won their first major against a non-major winner. Murray is one of a select group of players to have captured their first against a multiple Slam winner.

Profile photo of katederby
    katederby
    Participant

I don’t support British athletes/sportsmen just because they’re British but I have been supporting Andy Murray and what a superb performance last night to be the first British man to win a Grand Slam title in 76 years!
    Finally we have a tennis champion to be proud of and not just because he’s a plucky loser.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.