Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Bradley Downton

Off-topic

Public Group active 1 day, 6 hours ago

The place for off-topic discussion

World climate and Finnish people

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Aish Heydrich Aish Heydrich 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Aish Heydrich
    Participant

Spent a year back in ’11, Helsinki and this is what I think about Finnish people, and my fav driver Kimi, just for laughs.

+15 °C, Spanish wear caps, gloves and winter coats, Finns are sunbathing.

+10 °C, French desperately try to get their central heating on. Finns plant flowers.

+5 °C, Italian cars won’t start. Finns drive with convertibles.

0 °C, Pure water freezes. Water in river Vantaa thickens a bit.

−5 °C, First people are found frozen in California. Finnish midsummer festival ends.

−10 °C, Scottish turn the heat on in their houses. Finns start to use long-sleeve shirts.

−20 °C, Swedes stay indoors. Finns are having last barbeque before winter.

−30 °C, Half of the Greek people have frozen to death. Finns start to dry their laundry indoors.

−50 °C, Polar bears evacuate North Pole. Kimi starts his winter training.

−70 °C, Siberian people are moving to Moscow. Finns are furious since the Koskenkorva booze can’t be stored outdoors anymore. Kimi Raikkonen wins his second world title.

−273 °C, Absolute zero. Vettel admits that it is quite cold outside and withdraws from F1. Kimi Raikkonen crowned new World Champion, of all types of sports.

−300 °C, Hell freezes over. Finland wins the football World Cup. Kimi stops giving interviews.

Loup Garou
    Participant

Jokes apart, I was very impressed with the Finns on my only visit to the country in 2004. The first stop was to Harriniva, some 250 miles north of the arctic circle with temperature of around -27*C. This was Finnish Lapland and life was going on completely normally. On the same visit I stopped in Helsinki for a few days – a friend lives there. There was 18 inches of snow on the ground and I could not tell where the road ended and the sidewalk began. Yet, everything was working – kids playing around, offices open, shops doing business, trams running etc. If that sort of weather ever occurred in the UK, the whole country would close down and people would sit in front of TVs and moan.

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

^Hahaha. Brilliant. Well said about the English there too.

Oh and happy birthday KIMI.
    *fanfares*
    *confettis*
    *vodka*
    *nude women*

Max Jacobson
    Participant

−10 °C, Scottish turn the heat on in their houses.

I’ll have you know that I’m a pathetic excuse for a Scotsman and complain when it gets near to +5°C @aish ;)

Loup Garou
    Participant

−273 °C, Absolute zero. Vettel admits that it is quite cold outside and withdraws from F1< ?blockquote>

Nothing as drastic. He stops his one-finger salutation and changes to a closed fist each time he gets pole.

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

“Nothing as drastic. He stops his one-finger salutation and changes to a closed fist each time he gets pole.”

HAHA. Yeah. Nice. :D

Ratboy
    Keymaster

“−300 °C, Hell freezes over. Finland wins the football World Cup. Kimi starts giving interesting interviews.”

Fixed that for you.

Anonymous

An alternative turn of events:
    200K :Denmark starts exporting drivers from Greenland
    0 K: Denmark wins the world cup, with players all from Greenland :)
    Anything below that: The UN sends a team of pinguins to the World Cup.

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

^haha

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.