Off-topic

WRC Fanatic

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

I’ve noticed over the past few weeks that there are quite a few people on this site who are interested in rallying. So, I thought it’d be handy to annex our own little section of the website so we can talk about the World’s second greatest motorsport, the World Rally Championship! (and the IRC and regional championships if anyone’s interested).

This time three months ago I couldn’t care less about rallying. All I knew was most of the manufacturers had deserted the series, and Sebastien Loeb was pretty much invincible. This is true, but when I bought the 2010 season review DVD I realised that regardless of this, rallying is great! There are some great personalities in there, some genuinely exciting and unpredictable rallies, and some fantastic stages and surroundings for the cars to navigate.

Best of all, it seems much more challenging and more like a genuine sport than F1: you see drivers repairing their broken cars, replacing punctured tyres, digging themselves out of the snow when they get stuck, and so on. As much as I admire F1 drivers, seeing Rally drivers racing flat out along a narrow track with anything from rocks, trees and cliff faces bordering the road, having to put all their trust in their co drivers… it kind of puts things into perspective.

Anyway- did anyone see Rally Mexico at the weekend? It was a shame Ogier blew it so near the end, although I doubt he would’ve held Loeb off in the end

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.