• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of AndrewTanner
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

World Rally Championship

Public Group active 1 month ago

The group for WRC fans.

2013 WRC Rally Monte Carlo

This topic contains 41 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of andae23 andae23 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

More complaints about the timing system not working properly:

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

Day 3: Same story as day 2 really, Loeb (who won two of three stages today) extended his lead over Ogier. The two of them are solid in first and second place, even though Ogier stalled on a hairpin. Behind them, Novikov and Sordo are fighting for third place. Novikov, his Ford fitted with just winter tyres incontrast to the Citroens and VWs, had a troublefree day, while Sordo had a spin in the morning session. Latvala won a lot of time on Sisteron and climbed to fifth place, bumping fellow Fin Hirvonen to sixth. Norwegian Mads Østberg, in eight place now, won the midday stage.

1. Loeb
    2. Ogier +1:47.4
    3. Novikov +3:19.9
    4. Sordo +3:21.6
    5. Latvala +4:04.9

-no videos yet, sorry-

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

https://twitter.com/CitroenRacing/status/292641144964263936

Both men are now given as ‘retired’

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

With three more stages to go, Loeb still leads Ogier by 90 seconds. With Novikov retiring in the treacherous 14th stage (with slushy ice, average speed was less than 60kph), Sordo moves up to third. Hirvonen and Ostberg now round off the top five.

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

The organisers of Rallye Monte-Carlo have stopped the event early, after huge numbers of spectators forced the cancellation of the final two stages on safety grounds.

The results after SS16 become the final classification, meaning Citroen DS3 driver Sebastien Loeb has claimed his 77th victory in the FIA World Rally Championship and his seventh on the Rallye Monte-Carlo.

Sebastien Ogier claimed second on his debut event in the Volkswagen Motorsport team’s Polo R. Dani Sordo took the final podium place in his Abu Dhabi Citroen Total Team DS3.

http://www.wrc.com/news/breaking-news-loeb-wins-monte-after-stages-17-and-18-cancelled/?fid=18230

In the morning stage, multiple drivers including Latvala, Novikov and Hanninen were forced to retire in the treacherous, slushy, snowy conditions. Loeb said it was “undriveable”, while Hirvonen said “It was the most difficult stage I’ve ever driven over Turini in my life.”

Profile photo of the_sigman
    the_sigman
    Participant

Bad to see that WRC is not as risky as before :(

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Here’s Latvala crashing out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cz0GpUPWUg

Profile photo of Ned Flanders
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

Wow, that was a big one. Hope it doesn’t hurt his confidence too much, it must already have been quite low having been outpaced by Ogier all weekend

Profile photo of AndrewTanner
    AndrewTanner
    Participant

Ah Jari :( He does this too often. The guy is quick, but often too quick for the stage. I hope this was just because he’s getting used to the car and we aren’t looking at another 2012 from him. Also, I hope he and Miikka are ok!

Pretty disappointed by the lack of any proper UK coverage (I’ve read about S4C having it on the WRC.com site but nothing in the TV listings…). Thankfully I can catch it all on YouTube.

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

Latvala’s reaction to the crash:

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.