World Rally Championship

Bertelli refused medical assistance for over 3 hours by Rally Portugal organiser

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

If you’re not an avid follower of the WRC, Lorenzo Bertelli is probably not a name you’ve heard. He’s not a huge name in the WRC, but is always there and is always making improvements.

However, how good you are should have no bearing on the kind of medical assistance you receive after a crash (and I’d just like to make it clear that I’m not suggesting this was the reason, it all just kind of flowed nicely) and absolutely no rally driver whatsoever should be made to wait over three hours after requesting medical assistance following a crash.

However, this is exactly what happened to Lorenzo Bertelli after his off on SS10 of Rally Portugal. I am disgusted and appalled that this can be allowed to happen and serious action surely has to be taken against the event, it’s organisers and it’s medical officers.

I would post the tweet below but Bertelli’s twitter handle has a rather rude word in it that would most definitely be censored, so you’ll have to head over to his Twitter page yourself to check out the full description of what happened from him and his team.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.