• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of AndrewTanner
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

World Rally Championship

Public Group active 1 month ago

The group for WRC fans.

Kubica to WRC?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys Prisoner Monkeys 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Link doesn’t work. I see this discussion began in the round-up earlier:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/08/27/f1-fanatic-roundup-278/comment-page-1/#comment-1057545

Profile photo of PieLighter
    PieLighter
    Participant
    Profile photo of Polishboy808
    Polishboy808
    Participant

I hope this Is true, I think that he would fit in great in the wrc. I just hope that he doesn’t jump the gun and join the wrc before he is fully ready, because that definitely won’t do him any good. Hopefully we’ll hear some news soon.

Profile photo of dot_com
    dot_com
    Participant

I hope this turns out to be true, I would be so glad to see RK racing again. It would certainly re-ignite my interest in WRC.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

The article suggests Kubica could join Ford’s works squad, but even if Latvala joins Volkswagen, I don’t see it happening. Kubica is an untested and unproven quantity in rallying, and there is no way Ford would put him in a works car straight away. It’s far more likely that they will promote Tanak to the works team and put Kubica in the M-Sport Fiesta, or take Mads Ostberg and have Kubica take his place at Adapta.

Profile photo of Victor.
    Victor.
    Participant

I think it’s too early to say that this one-off tests means Kubica will make a switch to the WRC, although it certainly makes it a likely possibility. What, so far, is more interesting and note-worthy is the fact that his pace was good, as Autosport and other sources report.

Profile photo of AndrewTanner
    AndrewTanner
    Participant

Yeah, if he does join, I don’t see him filling anyones boots at Ford next year. I reckon Ostberg is most likely to get the call up to Ford.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’ve heard talk that the WRC will be restructured next year, with Super 2000, Group N and the WRC Academy reimagined as WRC2, WRC3 and WRC4. Ford and M-Sport build most of the S2000 Fiestas in-house, and I see no reason why M-Sport could not run them in-house, so if these claims are true, then perhaps Kubica is looking at joining the WRC2 feeder series and looking to step up to the premier class in 2014.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.