World Rally Championship

No drive for Petter Solberg in 2013

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AndrewTanner AndrewTanner 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine

Petter Solberg has confirmed he won’t be racing in the WRC next year:

I have said I am willing to drive for free, but at this point, I will not pay to drive.

Profile photo of Ryan Williams
    Ryan Williams

Such a loss to the WRC. Hopefully the rumours of him planning a European & Global Rallycross effort are true

Profile photo of David-A

No champions doing a full season then.

Profile photo of robk23

I’m not surprised when you see the amount of zeros on the end of the average budget I found after a quick Google search! Lets hope he can find something in a European rally championship or Rallycross. He also toyed with the idea of a WTCC drive a few years ago.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys

Eh, Solberg has been past his prime for a few years now.

Profile photo of codesurge

Always good to see the young guns like Ogier and Ostberg getting into the game but I feel that there’s a place for a solid (albeit past his prime) driver like him running alongside and coaching the next generation of drivers.

He’s quite the character and will be missed if he’s out next season.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys

If Solberg was to take on a mentoring role, he could probably do that better out of the car than in. In the car, he’d have his own performances to worry about.

Profile photo of

I have always been fond of Petter…

Profile photo of AndrewTanner

No Solberg’s at all is sad. They’re both great characters :)

Doesn’t surprise me though, that was my main concern when Ford announced their exit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.