• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of AndrewTanner
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

World Rally Championship

Public Group active 1 month ago

The group for WRC fans.

WRC Rally Argentina

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AndrewTanner AndrewTanner 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AndrewTanner
    AndrewTanner
    Participant

The first stage is set to run in about 90 mins, 00:08 GMT, and Loeb will run first with Hirvonen in second. Ford are behind them, Solberg and Sordo, filling in for an injured Latvala, respectively.

Citroen have gone with the same strategy they employed in Portugal, attempting to capitalise on a relatively clean track as rain is expected, which will make life harder for later runners.

Full qualifying list and run order here http://www.wrc.com/news/loeb-to-run-first-in-argentina/?fid=16563

Itinerary available here http://www.wrc.com/results/2012/philips-rally-argentina/itinerary/

I suspect both Ford and Citroen will approach this rally with cooler heads than seen in Portugal!

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Bit of a delay to things this morning, the fuel truck broke down. I hope that’s not a bad omen for everyone else!

*** SPOILER ***
    Loeb fastest through SS2, despite having a bit of a spin at a hairpin. He’s now 8.3s behind Petter Solberg who leads. Petter has complained about a problem with some safety foam getting in the way of his foot pedals so he wasn’t able to push as much as he would have liked, the irony! M-Sport are having trouble already with damage to the right-rear for Novikov and a puncture for Tanak, which further damaged his car. Sordo is 4th for Ford at the moment. I can’t see him pushing very much at all this weekend.

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

More disappointment for Ford again with Solberg – his rally is ruined. Sordo seems to be doing well though.

Good recovery by Loeb on day one.

Also good to see the organisers finish the leg despite the fuel delay!

AndrewTanner
    Participant

It is good yep. I expected a stage to be dropped. Don’t know what’s going on with Solberg, I expect he’s still finding his feet with the car? It’s going to look bad if Sordo out scores Solberg, especially after Portugal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.