• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of AndrewTanner
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

World Rally Championship

Public Group active 5 days, 17 hours ago

The group for WRC fans.

WRC2

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of AndrewTanner AndrewTanner 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ratboy
    Keymaster

Has anyone got the WRC2 game?
    just got it for PS3 and really enjoying it, working up from the lower rally stages to a full WRC drive is a great idea and codemaster could look at that as an idea for the F1 series.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Codemasters were originally going to include GP2 in F1 2010 as a kind of tutorial, but they found that licencing was difficult and it didn’t really add much to the game because you started the Formula 1 career with lower-tier teams anyway – and the Melbourne circuit was a better circuit for beginners to start on than Barcelona.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I’m going to buy it in the new year, @ratboy (as well as MW3 at some point!). I’ll be getting it for the Xbox. I did like having to work my way up on the original edition and I must admit that I haven’t really played that enough.

I can find WRC2 for like, £15 brand new online which sounds like a bargain to me.

How does it compare to the 2010 effort?

Ratboy
    Keymaster

@andrewtanner its got all the wrc teams, and starts off with a kind of tutorial mini game to get used to the controls, could do with the AI being a bit tougher and the stages being longer but I guess if they were 5minutes long casual gamers may get bored doing them.
    only downside is the historic section doesnt include the SWB Audi Quattro which is just insane!

AndrewTanner
    Participant

@ratboy The AI was pretty much non-existant on the original game so it’s a little disappointing that it’s no more challenging. Can you adjust the difficulty level of the AI? I guess you could always turn off some of the driving aids too?

The historic element sounds pretty good.

Thanks for that.

Ratboy
    Keymaster

@andrewtanner I have all the aids off but with semi-auto box, the AI is on a slider scale and mine is pretty near the top, some stages are a breeze but others can be tricky if you make a mistake

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Sounds like there is plenty to adjust @ratboy Ever since Forza 3 i’ve had a thing about wanting to play racing games with manual gears!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.