Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

World Touring Car Championship (WTCC)

Public Group active 2 weeks, 2 days ago

Group for fans of the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC).

2013 WTCC drivers and teams

This topic contains 54 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Prisoner Monkeys Prisoner Monkeys 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    robk23
    Participant

They’ve been using that image for a while, I guess that’s whatever Eurosport provided Sky with to publish in their schedules.

Bendanarama
    Participant

Oh, its the sky schedule. Now I get it!

robk23
    Participant
    robk23
    Participant

The official poster for the Race or Argentina has been released and it features as picture of José María López as the ‘star’ driver. I’m guessing as he was a Renault F1 test driver he would be ineligible for the Yokohama Trophy.

robk23
    Participant

Michel Nykjær has left NIKA Racing having run out of funds, his replacement will be announced tomorrow. It’s a shame with him third in the overall standings and jointly-leading the independents’, my hope is they’ll bring in another Scandinavian driver but most likely it’ll be an Asian driver.

Eva TS
    Participant

oh, it’s great!!!! Thanks for all the info!!!

robk23
    Participant

Former GP2 driver Hiroki Yoshimoto will drive for NIKA Racing in Japan and Macau.

robk23
    Participant

Yvan Muller and Norbert Michelisz did a nice little remake of the Hulkenberg/Petrov start line incident from the 2010 Japanese Grand Prix in race two.

Girts
    Participant

Latvian driver Konstantins Calko is going to make his WTCC debut at Macau. He is the first Baltic driver to appear in the series:

http://www.fiawtcc.com/news/detail/id/2183/t/LATVIAN-DRIVER-JOINS-CAMPOS-RACING

To be honest, I had not heard about him before so I’m not sure if this is a case of a promising young driver finally getting his chance or if he is just another pay driver.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

The article does say that he has placed in the Baltic championship, which I have admittedly never heard of, but the rules for entering the Macau event are different to the rest of the season, so teams can pick up obscure drivers.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.