Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

World Touring Car Championship (WTCC)

Public Group active 2 weeks, 1 day ago

Group for fans of the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC).

2013 WTCC Round 2: Morocco

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bag0 bag0 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bag0
    bag0
    Participant

I could not care to watch these two races, a close, highspeed circuit with high kerbs, it is bound to be a crash-fest. The other thing that turned me off of, is Michelisz’s draught. I really cant believe that he has the same car as Tarquini and Monteiro. The first problem was, that the factory team started testing in late february, while the Zengő car was ‘finished’ before 4 days of the Monza weekend, thus without effective testing. In italy, the car had break problems all weekend (no break pressure), and the engineers and mechanics of JAS couldnt really repair them, as they reappered from time-to time. On the second race in italy, Michelisz had to pit because both the windshield heating and the cockpit vent was broken, so he could not see throught the haze.

Now in Marrakech, the break system was almost ok, apart from generating so mutch heat that the car started burning in FP2, in the qualy Norbi had a front right suspension failure, in race 1 Monteiros break calliper, flew throught the Zengő Honda’s hood, causing another retirement. In race two while Norbi did everything to get some points for Honda, under the safetycar the fuelrig generated a fault, so again he had to retire.

The team tries to be as diplomatic with both the Italians and the Japanese, but as lead mechanic Menzel Krisztián said, most of the problems originated form the car not being ready in time.

I do hope that the Slovakia-ring brings less retirement to the whole field.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.