Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

World Touring Car Championship (WTCC)

Public Group active 2 weeks, 2 days ago

Group for fans of the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC).

WTCC Round 11: China

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robk23 robk23 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

This weekend could be exciting with the addition of a few familiar faces and a few new ones. Colin Turkington and WSR return with the spare RML Chevy and it’s looking good so far with 5th in qualifying. Fredy Barth has returned with Sunred and he qualified 12th, these are two drivers who deserve more than the problems of getting the funding for a single appearance.

Hugo Valente is making his debut after finishing second in the French SEAT Leon Supercopa. One fact to point out, one of his teammates in the Formula Renault Eurocup in 2009 was Jean-Eric Vergne before he switched to tin tops.

One of the Macanese drivers failed to make the 107% time in Q1, what happens after that I don’t know. Alain Menu is on pole position for race one and Tom Coronel is on pole position for race two.

Profile photo of bag0
    bag0
    Participant

Im really happy with the qualy results, I just cant belive how Michelisz got 3rd, it is obvious that the chevy and seat has higher topspeed, and on this layout there are 2 straights barring almost 2Km together. I just hope he can bag the title this year, as Zengo said they have concerns about next years car.

Profile photo of Ryan Williams
    Ryan Williams
    Participant

SPOILER ALERT

Really enjoyed the races this morning. A big weekend as far as the championship is concerned and with Muller bound to receive a penalty of some kind Huff must feel he’s got one hand on the championship trophy. Also great to see D’Aste get on the podium in race 1!

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

Great racing between Monteiro and Turkington for those few laps together, a shame things weren’t better for Colin but that drive in race 1 was stunning! Great for Huffy as well but the stewarding has been a joke and if Muller gets off with that move then something is clearly not working.

Also, there was some surprisingly good racing produced by a Tilkedrome!

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

Muller has been handed a 30 second penalty meaning he’s now out of the points.

Drivers’ Standings going to Macau
    Huff 390
    Menu 355
    Muller 349

Profile photo of bag0
    bag0
    Participant

Well, that didnt go well, I woke up only for the second race, and I was really gutted for Michelisz, but at least the yokohama trophy will be exciting.

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if D’Aste snatched the Yokohama Trophy given his recent form and the lack of it from Michelisz and Oriola lately. MacDowall is still mathematically in it but he’ll have to win both races to do it and have Michelisz not score at all, with Oriola and D’Aste scoring little or no points. Double points in Macau!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.