I’ve only been watching F1 since 2011 but anyway. Here are my top 5:
5. Jordan 199. Yellow is my favourite colour, Jordan were known for their vibrant liveries. And the nose art just topped it off.
4. McLaren MP4/13: Utterly dominant and still the last car do deliver McLaren a constructor’s championship.
3. Brabham BT20: Built and driven to…[Read more]
Red Bull: Ricciardo/Vettel
Force India: Hulkenberg/Perez
Toro Rosso: Kvyat/Verstappen
Sauber: Van der Garde/Silvestro
Caterham: Sainz Jr/Palmer
Forza Rossa: Depends if they turn up.
I don’t know all F1 cars, but this is probably my top 5 :
1- The Eagle T1G : A true old-school beauty, my personal favourite. http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roadandtrack/images/BZ/1967-gurney-eagle-grand-prix-car-001.jpg
2- The chassis of the Brabham BT52 looks also magnificent.…[Read more]
My top 5 best F1 cars:
1. Mclaren Mercedes MP4-23 (2008) – In my opinion, 2008 was the last time F1 cars looked advanced, futuristic and beautiful. I really love the chrome/red livery (one of my favourite liveries) and those little winglets especially on the nose cone make the MP4-23 a truly astonishing piece of art in my mind.
2. Renault R26…[Read more]
My top 5 would have to be:
5. Lotus 79 (1978-9) – beautifully engineered, beautifully designed, beautifully liveried and beautifully driven.
4. Jordan 199 (1999) – one of the great giant-killers. I still can’t believe how close Frentzen came to beating the McLarens and Ferraris to the championship that year. That gorgeous paint scheme helps as…[Read more]
The thing about the German tv ratings is that unlike other regions you cannot blame it on a change to the broadcasting as nothing has changed in Germany as far as availability goes, Its the same as its been since the 90s.
Every qualifying session & race is available live on RTL which is a Free to air broadcaster. Practice sessions are also…[Read more]
I’m fairly sure that driver to driver radio is actually banned, If not by regulation then by an agreement as I was told some years ago that while possible there not allowed to do it.
It used to be done in Nascar, Drivers could tune into the frequencies of other drivers (Not just teammates either) & would often discuss drafting & other tactics…[Read more]
Can you imagine if Prost and Senna had been able to talk to each other during the 1988/89 seasons?! How might that have gone! Or Mansell/Piquet (1986/7); Alonso/Hamilton (2007); or Reutemann/every teammate (each year!)
@Royal-Spark I really like the black Arrows too, although I didn’t like that Tom Walkinshaw kept changing the colour of the car each year (mostly white when he took over, then red with some blue, then white/blue, then black). And the Prost AP04 looked great – pity the expensive Ferrari engine in this car eventually sunk the team!
I like the look of some of the oddballs:
1. 1981 Lotus 88b. Chapman’s mad double chassis ground effect car. Banned.
2. 1992 Jordan 192. I always see the 7-up 191 in these lists, but I preferred the lines of the swoopier, droopier 192, if not the colour scheme. Yamaha motor was an anchor compared to the Ford in the 191.
3. 1979 Lotus 80. …[Read more]
I’m a French F1 fan for almost 20 years and in the country the sport’s visibility has just gone from bad to worse in the last few years.
From no driver on the grid to no home race to pay tv, audience will never be what it was.
The older generation won’t by a suscription to watch live a race. They’ll just get the results later, bu luck on the…[Read more]
I have a soft spot for a few of the Prost cars with their royal blue paint scheme along with with the all black Arrows A19. The McLaren MP4-16 is also another one of my favourites as I have a scaled replica of the car in my possession.
The aesthetics of the current cars aerodynamics still don’t please me and it’s not just the phallus noses I’m…[Read more]
Has to be the McLaren MP4-20. Something about the black livery, the horns on the engine cover and the fact that it was so incredibly fast makes it almost evil-looking. It’s what a Formula 1 car should look like to me.
Besides that, I always liked the Brawn.
I’d like to change my design. Scratch the one above.
A circuit measuring exactly 7km. Runs anti-clockwise, the pit lane is on the right. A lot wider than the previous design.
- Load More