Forum Replies Created
6th March 2012, 22:06 at 10:06 pm #182136
I have just booked a night race early bird (non track view) package thru the swissotel stamford website yesterday, very close to Stamford grandstand.
Some of the trackside hotel have just published their night race package so if you would like to check them out, swissotel stamford, fairmont, marina mandarin, conrad centennial to name a few…28th February 2012, 4:01 at 4:01 am #182133
I will consider both hotels, the Swissotel and Marina Mandarin. They seems to be very close to Gate 3, but I understand that during race weekend there maybe some re-routing.
Should not be more than Ritz to Gate 2 though…25th February 2012, 10:35 at 10:35 am #182130
is there any gate close to the stamford gs? and would it be a short walk from the marina mandarin hotel?
it was quite a long walk last year from the ritz carlton to gate 2 to get to the turn 2 gs…23rd February 2012, 10:37 at 10:37 am #182162
hi… i was there in 2010 (padang gs), then 2011 (T2 A1)… i think T2 A2, row 8 and above has the best view.
i would personally like to try stamford gs for this year tho…8th August 2011, 0:32 at 12:32 am #147108
at the moment, only F1 2010 and Gran Turismo 5.7th August 2011, 1:50 at 1:50 am #174711
1. The chromed-silver McLaren
2. Redbull7th August 2011, 1:40 at 1:40 am #175979
1) Do you spend some money on F1 or get along with what is available for free (websites, free-to-air TV coverage)?
I subscribed to 2 PayTVs, yes 2, one satellite for my hometheater, the other a cable connection came together bundled with my internet connection in the bedroom.
2) What kind of F1 related items do you usually buy and how often? Race tickets, magazines, books, model cars, teamwear, DVDs,…?
Race tickets for me and the missus, 2 times a year. Been subscribing to F1 Racing UK for sometimes, printed edition in the past but now I get the digital edition to read on my iPad much cheaper. Books, of course – technicals, season reviews, biographies, etc. Teamwear: McLaren, Redbull, MGP, usually I buy at the circuit during GP weekends. Lastly season review DVDs each and every year since 2005, hopefully there’ll be Blurays starting 2011.
3) Do you save money by refusing from something just to be able to spend it on F1 related stuff? I mean, do you buy less clothes, avoid eating out or do whatever else just because so there is more left for F1?
Yes, cutting other expenses so I can go to GPs weekend and getting the best seats…
4) Approximately how big part of your “entertainment budget” is spent on F1? One tenth, one third, one half?
One-third.7th August 2011, 1:29 at 1:29 am #134426
Hi I’m Jev. Been an avid F1 Fanatic reader for some years now.
Started to fall in love with F1 since the 80′s up until now, and since I’m in Asia I go to both Sepang & Singapore GP almost every year…