Forum Replies Created
7th April 2014, 0:44 at 12:44 am #255875
Drivers’ standings after rounds 11-12:
1. D4Z4ARCH3R25, 115.5 points ADR (126.5 total)
2. astevo1989, 115.5 points (115.5 total)
3. McWoblin, 109 points (121 total)
4. MadDogMolloy, 106 points (116 total)
5. y2jisaok, 99 points (101 total)
6. Lt Alfred, 60 points
7. Jonboy507, 58.5 points
8. VitreousChain06, 58 points (68 total)
9. imidazoleNHC, 50.5 points
10. markstrub20, 42 points
1. Double D Racing, 227.5 points
2. McImidazoblin, 176.5 points
3. AlLoy, 176 points
4. ChainMark, 110 points
5. Johnny Herbert, 58.5 points
@maddogmolloy you will need to do credit totals as I don’t know who raced in what.
I should be able to race tomorrow.24th March 2014, 19:44 at 7:44 pm #253659
I’ll be out again for today. With a bit of luck internet issues should be resolved in the next two weeks.
Also, got a bit of a quiet period at uni after today MadDog, so if you want upload today’s results and I’ll do standings in the next couple of days.17th March 2014, 17:42 at 5:42 pm #252992
Sorry about lack of standings @maddogmolloy uni is just mental at the minute. Whenever I get time off I can’t be bothered lol.
Fair enough about the added DSQs as well. Tricky to decide as they can be given out for multiple penalties, but you would never see how many.
I’m also a maybe for tonight. Of the two broadband lines we have at home, one keeps going down on weekdays (sounds dodgy to me but what do I know?) and no matter what I try, I always end up with a NAT problem if I move the 360 over to the other line. I love BT.3rd March 2014, 21:23 at 9:23 pm #250689
My router keeps rebooting itself so won’t be able to join for race two.3rd March 2014, 18:26 at 6:26 pm #25067024th February 2014, 19:34 at 7:34 pm #249699
Not sure why you can’t edit posts any more but I was wrong about the penalty point. Chain actually gets a three-credit reduction if he gets another penalty.24th February 2014, 19:26 at 7:26 pm #249697
Quick standings update. Will have the proper table shortly
1. McWoblin, 31 points ADR (43 total)
2. astevo1989, 29 points ADR (29 total)
3. Lt Alfred, 27.5 points ADR (27.5 total)
4. Jonboy507, 25.5 points ADR (43.5 total)
5. D4Z4ARCH3R25, 23 points ADR (34 total)
6. MadDogMolloy, 22.5 points ADR (38 total)
7. y2jisaok, 21 points ADR (23 total)
8. imidazoleNHC, 15.5 points ADR (15.5 total)
9. VitreousChain06, 13 points ADR (23 total)
10. markstrub20, 12 points ADR (12 total)
Team standings will come later.
VitreousChain06 – 2
markstrub20, MadDogMolloy, D4Z4ARCH3R25 – 1
Assuming we are sticking to the penalty rules MadDog, VitreousChain06 is one penalty away from missing the next race.6th February 2014, 12:39 at 12:39 pm #248340
I will immediately vote in favour of picking the track first, for one reason:
The changes that were made for this season were designed to produce more unpredictability in the series, which is fine. However, for me the main appeal of the credits system was, as well as ensuring other guys get a chance at the front sometimes, that there was still an element of strategy and tactics involved. By picking the cars before the track, that strategy is significantly reduced to the point where the championship becomes based more on luck – or at least that’s the way I see it.
I just don’t want to see us go too far down the unpredictability route. This credits idea is superb, but I thought the idea was always to pick cars that suit our track preferences. Whilst I agree that there is potential for someone to get their favourite track and dive straight in a Red Bull, @MadDogMolloy you have actually worked out the number of credits for each person perfectly.
I can’t remember if Abu Dhabi is available this season or not, but say it is and it came up this Monday (it’s my favourite circuit to drive on). If I chose to go in a Red Bull, I would be left with 16 credits over 8 events. I anticipate that I might miss a couple of events as well so that could leave me with something like 13 credits for 6 races. I would never be able to go higher than a Sauber/Force India after that.
The other point to make is that the chances of there being a Red Bull available for me to pick at Abu Dhabi, after everyone else has chosen a car, are pretty poor.
Other than the order of track/car selection, the new system is great. Can’t really fault it.
But there is one thing I was thinking about yesterday. What happens if I have say 5 credits left with two events remaining, but I know I am missing the last one? Assuming that last one becomes a dropped round, what happens if I was to splash the cash/credits on a Red Bull for that penultimate event, and be left with no credits, but still with a -1 deduction to come for missing the last races? I might be missing something here but that sounds like a bit of a loophole to me.3rd February 2014, 22:14 at 10:14 pm #248338
ROUNDS 1-2, ITALY
1. astevo1989 [Sauber], 39:19.036
2. Jonboy507 [Sauber], +26.381 secs
3. Lt Alfred [Ferrari], +28.063 secs
4. markstrub20 [McLaren], +54.567 secs (10 SEC PEN)
5. MadDogMolloy [Lotus], +1 min 1.569 secs (10 SEC PEN)
6. D4Z4ARCH3R25 [Toro Rosso], +1 min 19.592 secs
7. McWoblin [Mercedes], +1 lap
8. VitreousChain06 [Red Bull], +1 lap (10 SEC PEN)
9. y2jisaok [Lotus], +2 laps
DNF. imidazoleNHC [Red Bull]
1. Lt Alfred [Ferrari], 7:16.382
2. VitreousChain06 [Red Bull], +1.185 secs
3. Jonboy507 [Sauber], +1.789 secs
4. McWoblin [Mercedes], +5.349 secs
5. MadDogMolloy [Lotus], +7.254 secs
6. astevo1989 [Sauber], +13.600 secs
7. D4Z4ARCH3R25 [Toro Rosso], +32.923 secs
DSQ. markstrub20 [McLaren]
DSQ. y2jisaok [Lotus]3rd February 2014, 19:46 at 7:46 pm #248334
I will be coming on at about bang on half 8 so apologies in advance if I’m slightly late.3rd February 2014, 15:09 at 3:09 pm #24832731st January 2014, 18:52 at 6:52 pm #248312
Other than my abysmal ‘McLemon’ I can’t think of anything.31st January 2014, 17:26 at 5:26 pm #248310
@maddogmolloy When you say a driver’s lowest points haul from a single event will be dropped, I assume that means each person’s lowest feature + sprint total.
Also really liking the whole credits thing now. Adds an extra bit of strategy to it, but without knowing exactly which car you’ll be going for weeks in advance. Do you pace yourself and save the credits for later, or stick to the quicker teams early on an get ahead?31st January 2014, 17:20 at 5:20 pm #243517
Final standings after Hungary
Constructors’ standings20th January 2014, 15:40 at 3:40 pm #243515
Fine with me.