Forum Replies Created
8th March 2014, 15:34 at 3:34 pm #251254
I suppose it could turn out like Bahrain: many people say the race should not take place, some do not comment, and Bernie plays down the whole debacle. And in the end the race goes on as normal, and a week afterwards no one remembers that there even was a political conflict.15th December 2013, 15:19 at 3:19 pm #24720714th December 2013, 17:46 at 5:46 pm #247190
By the way, has the FIA ruled that leading zeros are not allowed? Kimi could apply for 07 instead of 7, and so on.2nd December 2013, 19:38 at 7:38 pm #246679
Jenson Button. Hill, Surtees and Mansell all won their first Grand Prix in the European Grand Prix: Phill Hill 1960 Italian/European GP, John Surtees 1955 Ulster/European Motorcycle GP and Nigel Mansell 1985 European GP (at Brands Hatch). :P19th August 2013, 8:58 at 8:58 am #240399
Can’t really isolate one corner, so here’s a bunch:
- Shanghai: Turn 14 (the hairpin at the end of the back straight). Mostly because the exit kerb is just so strange, I can’t understand why it can’t be smoother like any other hairpin.
- Catalunya: that chicane, mentioned 107 times already.
- Silverstone: new Club. I dislike the current double-apex configuration.
- Spa: Chicane. The good old bus stop was a pretty much universally hated corner, but at least it had some character (and those slowmo replays of cars bouncing over the kerbs). This one doesn’t.
- Monza: the first chicane. It’s like two hairpins. Again, the old one was much more fun.
- Yas Marina: too many to mention. The (almost) unnecessary chicanes at T5-6 and T11-13 stand out mostly.18th June 2013, 5:58 at 5:58 am #237858
If I’m allowed to go back to 2002, then Japan from that year always comes to my mind first as a boring race. Absolutely nothing happened in that race, the only event of the weekend I remember is McNish having his huge accident.12th May 2013, 8:54 at 8:54 am #236485
Pretty amazing job by Koiranen, new team and a 1-2 in just their second race. Solid engineering from Finland :)16th March 2013, 8:17 at 8:17 am #228665
Team F1 Free 2013 is great for general info and news, and checking up on things like session start times (although those are on the F1F calendar as well).11th February 2013, 13:09 at 1:09 pm #14140110th February 2013, 13:01 at 1:01 pm #141399
What were the two main colours of Keke Rosberg’s McLaren in the 1986 Portuguese Grand Prix?10th February 2013, 9:02 at 9:02 am #224493
Fisichella at Brazil 2003 – I’d disagree with this (if you take into account the whole 15 years of the teams existence). Jordan was competing for the drivers’ world championship just a few years before (in 1999).10th February 2013, 8:55 at 8:55 am #141397
I’m guessing it’s certain M Schumacher, as some/most lap records are still from 2004.28th January 2013, 14:06 at 2:06 pm #141345
Sector question (apart from Bahrain and Interlagos):
- Spa’s S1 these days, as the two left-handers at Eau Rouge and Raidillon are not real corners, that leaves us just with La Source and the “real”, right-hander part of Eau Rouge.
- Also, pushing it, India’s S1, if you ignore the slight left between T1 and T3.21st January 2013, 13:37 at 1:37 pm #14133820th January 2013, 20:25 at 8:25 pm #141336
Something easy… When did Firestone score their last F1 victory as a tire supplier? (Year, race, and who drove the car)