Ranked in order of whom I like best:
1) Virgin – Great team, two really good drivers in Glock and d’Ambrosio
2) McLaren – Great to see two ex-world champions in a team
3) Williams – Rubens is one of my favourite drivers
4) Renault – Petrov is one of my favourites
5) Mercedes – Will be nice to see Rosberg win a race
6) Force India – Despite dropping Liuzzi this year, di Resta is one to watch
7) Sauber – Two great young drivers in Perez and Kobayashi
8) Ferrari – Never really had an opinion of them
9) Red Bull – Like the drivers, just not the team itself
10) Toro Rosso – Never forgiven Buemi for what he did to Glock last year
11) HRT – Only positive I can think of is they’ve got a better livery than last year
12) Team Lotus – Always going on about scoring points in races but never do
MVR have reported on their website (http://www.virginracing.com/news/332/) that Timo had a problem with the rear of his car for the majority of FP1 hence why he only did 11 laps.
Jerome did long runs and tyre degradation tests in FP2 whereas Timo could only do 3 laps due to an engine problem.
So a difficult start to the weekend, but I’m sure they’ll beat HRT in qualifying :-)
What I’d like to see:
- Marussia Virgin Racing getting into Q2 regularly, then going onto getting points in the race, beating Team Lotus too
- Hispania being at the back of the grid, regardless of who their second driver is
- Mark Webber to win the title
- A nice close end to the season like last year
- How well Paul di Resta does in the Force India, along with Hulkenberg
- Seeing Eddie Jordan wearing some decent t-shirts
I’m Will and I support Marussia Virgin Racing.
Hello everyone, I’m Will, and I follow Marussia Virgin Racing. I’ve been on the site for a while and is fast becoming one of my favourite F1 sites.
I only started watching F1 last year, but did read about it during 2009. I started following Virgin Racing at the start of last season after testing took place. My first race I watched was Monaco (a good start considering I love the circuit) last year and loved it, I ended up watching 12 of the 19 races last season.
My favourite drivers are (in no particular order) Mark Webber, Jenson Button, Rubens Barrichello and Timo Glock. I was impressed with Jerome d’Ambrosio last season during his 4 Free Practice sessions and am looking forward to seeing him this year.
Log in or create an F1 Fanatic account.
Advert | Go Ad-free
Adverts | Go Ad-free
© Keith Collantine 2014 • Disclaimer
© 2014 Keith Collantine