Fast and sweepy circuit with some tricky corners and hairpin in a tunnel :D
Starting just up 5km marker, on the left of the end of Sokraotus street, 1st corner is a left-hander
Pitlane is also unusual, N-shaped with boxes on the long straight and 2 shorter straights
Michael Moran posted an update in the group Going to the United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas 12 hours, 22 minutes ago
It will be nice to have you in Austin next year! Going out on a limb here, but was the other choice Canada? I live in the Austin area & have been to every event at CoTA. They make progress with each race as far as organization & fan activities and amenities. The one thing the circuit lacks & don’t see much relief any time soon is shade. There are…[Read more]
I feel obligated to have my say, so here’s my top 5
1- Ferrari 412T2: The last V12, with a noise straight out of hell, a beautiful simple shape and those AWESOME golden rims! It might not have been successful but it was indeed spectacular.
2- Williams FW26 (late season version): Yeah, I hated the walrus nose. But with the fix it looked (and…[Read more]
It had a distinctive white and red livery, and while it’s not my favourite, i’d love to see that livery make a return next year with Honda.
It’s a tobacco advert so it’s got pretty much no chance of happening.
My preferred line-up would look something like this:
Mercedes: Hamilton, Rosberg (di Resta)
Red Bull: Ricciardo, Vettel (Felix da Costa)
Ferrari: Alonso, Raikkonen (Marciello)
Williams: Bottas, Massa (Nasr FP1s)
McLaren: Button, Magnussen (Vandoorne FP1s)
F.India: Hulkenberg, Perez (Juncadella FP1s)
Renault: Grosjean, Vergne (Pic/Ocon)
Interesting…. the same happened to Kobayashi last year when not having driven an F1 car for quite a while. And Pastor Maldonado as well…. I think even Hamilton once? It was a McLaren with a car’s width section to drive through, at a public demo run.
To me, this highlights how strange it is to be doing a ‘demo run’, complete with doughnuts,…[Read more]
Here’s my list, just at random because they all look incredibly good:
Benetton B194 (1994): not only was it a good looking car but, also it was the first scale model I got (now I have more than 30). I got this from my grandpa when I wasn’t following F1, and Jos Verstappen was the driver of the car, so as a Dutchman this car has some value.…[Read more]
I’ve only been watching F1 since 2011 but anyway. Here are my top 5:
5. Jordan 199. Yellow is my favourite colour, Jordan were known for their vibrant liveries. And the nose art just topped it off.
4. McLaren MP4/13: Utterly dominant and still the last car do deliver McLaren a constructor’s championship.
3. Brabham BT20: Built and driven to…[Read more]
Red Bull: Ricciardo/Vettel
Force India: Hulkenberg/Perez
Toro Rosso: Kvyat/Verstappen
Sauber: Van der Garde/Silvestro
Caterham: Sainz Jr/Palmer
Forza Rossa: Depends if they turn up.
I don’t know all F1 cars, but this is probably my top 5 :
1- The Eagle T1G : A true old-school beauty, my personal favourite. http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roadandtrack/images/BZ/1967-gurney-eagle-grand-prix-car-001.jpg
2- The chassis of the Brabham BT52 looks also magnificent.…[Read more]
My top 5 best F1 cars:
1. Mclaren Mercedes MP4-23 (2008) – In my opinion, 2008 was the last time F1 cars looked advanced, futuristic and beautiful. I really love the chrome/red livery (one of my favourite liveries) and those little winglets especially on the nose cone make the MP4-23 a truly astonishing piece of art in my mind.
2. Renault R26…[Read more]
My top 5 would have to be:
5. Lotus 79 (1978-9) – beautifully engineered, beautifully designed, beautifully liveried and beautifully driven.
4. Jordan 199 (1999) – one of the great giant-killers. I still can’t believe how close Frentzen came to beating the McLarens and Ferraris to the championship that year. That gorgeous paint scheme helps as…[Read more]
The thing about the German tv ratings is that unlike other regions you cannot blame it on a change to the broadcasting as nothing has changed in Germany as far as availability goes, Its the same as its been since the 90s.
Every qualifying session & race is available live on RTL which is a Free to air broadcaster. Practice sessions are also…[Read more]
- Load More