1. Vettel – It’s seb v Jenson and the qualifying speed he has ultimately wins him his fourth consecutive championship.
2. Button – McLaren build the fastest car and Jenson leads the championship for the most part, but as the second half of the season progresses his qualifying performance lets him down.
3. Webber – A better, more consistent season from Mark as he finally sorts out his starts and has better luck mechanically, beating seb fair and square more than a couple of times.
4. Alonso – In contrast to previous seasons, Ferrari start the season strong but developments fail and a less reliable package than in previous seasons means Alonso cannot challenge for the championship beyond Korea, All eyes on Domenicali as Ferrari fail Alonso for a fourth time.
5. Perez – Sergio claims his maiden win in mixed conditions in Canada and overall has a good first season for McLaren, often out-qualifying Jenson but being simply out-raced on many occasions by his more experienced team-mate.
6. Raikkonen – Another good season from Kimi notching up many podiums throughout the year, he gets the best from a car that is another nearly but not quite performance wise.