Forum Replies Created
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
17th April 2015, 10:06 at 10:06 am
It’s only Hamilton fans acting that way because we occasionally say a bad word about their hero
Occasionally? What planet are you living on?
17th April 2015, 7:36 at 7:36 am
@strontium, are you truly being honest about not ever hearing Lewis being called “unintelligent”? Really?
14th November 2014, 8:52 at 8:52 am
I will be attending this race – my very first live race :-) I got the general admission ticket simply because I rather like the idea of being free to roam an open area and see the cars from different points on the hill as opposed to a grandstand where I imagine one is fairly constrained. I’ll find out if this was a mistake.
Although this track is not a favourite for many F1Fanatics, it so happens to be the most accessible for most Africans (I’m from Uganda myself and just getting a visa to most European countries is pure hell). So you can see why I’d personally want this race to stay for a long term. It’s the closest thing to a home race for me and I very much intend to make this an annual event.
7th May 2014, 7:50 at 7:50 am
1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable)
2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you?
The only way of watching F1 is via a satellite TV provider called MultiChoice DSTV – a South African company operating across Africa. F1 is broadcast on any of the roughly 10 SuperSport channels that they broadcast.
3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?)
4. Do they also show qualifying live?
5. Do they also show practice sessions live?
6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?
To watch F1 (and indeed most other sports), one has to subscribe for the Premium package which costs US$82 per month. That is US$984 per year.
7. Do they broadcast coverage online? If so please post link/s
They claim to provide a live stream via the SuperSport site (www.supersport.com) for registered bona-fide subscribers but it has NEVER worked for me :-(
8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options
Unfortunately, apart from the usual lousy online streams that one occasionally comes across when you search really hard, there’s no alternative viewing option (as of now). It may be interesting to note that we always receive the BBC commentary for all sessions (James Allen and the 5 live team for practice sessions, Coulthard and Edwards for qualifying and the race). This is the case even for the races that the BBC doesn’t broadcast live in the UK. Unfortunately, we don’t get any of the pre-session buildup coverage (Suzi Perry and team). Something else to note – we do get the HD broadcast alongside the SD. But to view HD content, you need an HD decoder that costs about $350 (about 4 times the SD decoder)
26th November 2012, 13:53 at 1:53 pm
@asanator and @npf1 “Numbers are the numbers” and “Pretty stale now” – then why even bother raising and commenting on this topic (Button outscoring Hamilton over three years) if we’re not supposed to put the result in perspective? Are you seriously suggesting we’re not supposed to remember any/all of LH’s misfortunes this year when discussing his performance compared to his teammate’s?
7th November 2012, 6:38 at 6:38 am
@raymondu999 – the question is who of the two performed better. Not whose team performed smarter…
24th September 2012, 6:48 at 6:48 am
@prisoner-monkeys, I simply cannot understand your animosity for this guy!
1. The telemetry issue: so all the rival engineers understand exactly how the upgrade works? Really? And so how has this benefited them – last time I checked, the Mclaren was still the fastest (pole for the last few races). All the telemetry did was give guys like you ammunition to fire at the guy in a year in which he was starving you of the same. By the way, we still don’t know the real story behind Hamilton ending up with that wing.
2. One controversy or the other – aren’t you tired of pulling out 4 year old stories yet? Take the so called lie-gate for example, why does everyone forget that Trulli actually spun or something and so Hamilton had no option but to pass him. Why do you always talk about it as though he deliberately overtook him? And then the post-race issues – have you forgotten a guy called Dave Ryan?
3. Constantly crashing into other drivers in 2011 – yes, he had his fair share of crashes but are you suggesting they were ALL his fault?
4. Immaturity – really? Bloody stupid – REALLY?
As far as value is concerned, I say give me Hamilton over everyone bar Alonso & Vettel any day. Any day.
As an aside, for all those that continuously take delight in putting Lewis down – consider what Webber said on Saturday after qualifying regarding starting alongside Romain: ‘I have a very good right hook’. Just imagine if it were Lewis saying that and imagine the torrent of comments that would have ensued. This guy simply can’t seem to get a break from the likes of @prisoner-monkeys and a one @Tete…
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)