The FIA has given Sebastian Vettel a reprimand after his post-race celebration at the Indian Grand Prix.
Vettel drove to the start/finish line after taking the chequered flag and celebrated his fourth world championships by performing doughnuts in front of the crowd.
As well as Vettel’s first reprimand of the year Red Bull were fined €25,000 (£21,340) for failing to instruct him to come into the pits.
“The driver failed to proceed directly to the post race parc ferme as detailed under article 43.3 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations,” said the stewards’ reports.
“Due to the special circumstance the stewards accepted the explanation of the driver. The team failed to instruct the driver sufficiently to return directly to post race parc ferme.”
2013 Indian Grand Prix
- Vettel takes fifth Driver of the Weekend win
- This year’s Indian Grand Prix voted best so far
- F1 still struggling to gain a foothold in India
- 2013 Indian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- 2013 Indian Grand Prix team radio transcript