British Touring Car Championship

Tom Onslow-Cole confirms exit from BTCC

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

Tom Onslow-Cole has today confirmed his departure from the British Touring Car Championship.

In a statement he said:
    “The British Touring Car Championship has been my home for many years and I still believe it is one of the greatest series in the world. I had a serious opportunity to race in the championship again this year, with, what I believe, is a team capable of winning the title. However, after much thought, I’ve decided to explore some other options outside of the BTCC.

“That said, this isn’t the end of me and the BTCC. I have unfinished business here and I’m sure I’ll be back one day to complete the job. For now, I’m widening my experience as a driver and exploring what could be some very exciting career opportunities.

“I’d like to thank TOCA, all the fans, the teams and my sponsors that have supported me throughout the last 10 years. It’s been an awesome ride and I hope the next 10 years live up to it.”

I think this is terrible news. Onslow-Cole has been one of my favorite drivers since he joined the series and in my opinion has been rather unlucky since Team AON left in the fact he’s been flitting between fairly uncompetitive teams. A real shame he’s missing from it this year and I just hope he’ll return somewhen soon!

This also means the second Airwaves seat alongside Fabrizio Giovanardi will most likely go to Mat Jackson. Jackson confirmed in an interview with Autosport the seat was between him and Onslow Cole.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.