DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters)

2013 DTM calendar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

DTM have just announced (literally; it was less than fifteen minutes ago) their 2013 calendar.

There has only been one major change: the exhibition race at the Munich Olympic Stadium has been dropped, with the series going to the Moscow Raceway (which you may remember from the scathing reviews when the World Series by Renault visited earlier this year) for a points-scoring round instead. Meanwhile, the penultimate round of the championship remains undecided; Valencia does not appear on the calendar. Otherwise, there have only been a few date changes:

5 May – Hockenheim I
    19 May – Brands Hatch
    2 June – Red Bull Ring
    16 June – Lausitzring
    7 July – Norisring
    21 July – Zandvoort
    4 August – Moscow Raceway
    18 August – Nurburgring
    15 September – Oschersleben
    29 September – TBA
    20 October – Hockenheim II

Girts
    Participant

The exhibition race at the Munich Olympic Stadium has been dropped

Thank God! Munich is my favourite place in the world but the race format was nonsensical, it had nothing to do with DTM, it was something of a hybrid of WTCC and drag racing. Granting championship points for that (which is what they intended to do) would be terrible.

Also, Russia seems to rule although I have always believed that it was only a matter of time when they would gain more influence in motorsports and I think it won’t be long before we see some Russian driver winning a GP, too.

raymondu999
    Participant

@Girts more like ROC IMO. I liked it as an event. I loved the Monaco-style wall-grazing, but still… not for points though.

Mind you given that Eki won the last one I wouldn’t have minded if they had given points for that!

f1alex
    Participant

How about they revive the Nordschleife race for the TBA? ;)

But honestly, somewhere like Suzuka would be nice, or maybe a tie in with a Super GT race maybe, ahead of the deal which starts in 2014?

Girts
    Participant

@raymondu999 Yeah, the ROC is a more accurate equivalent I guess but, anyway, I’ve always perceived it as a show that should not be rewarded with points.

Then again, my boy Gary would have won the title by one point this year if the Munich results had been taken into account :)

Ryan Williams
    Participant

I agree with @f1alex. DTM at Suzuka would be awesome, they could even make it a double-header with the Super GT, but it would require some calendar changes as it clashes with the Nürburgring race weekend.

If DTM is desperate to keep a Spanish round on the calendar I’d personally quite like to see it held at the Navarra circuit. The circuit threw up a couple of good races in the GT1 and BES meetings held there

robk23
    Participant

I thought Brands Hatch would return to the September slot it had until 2011, it moved in 2012 because of that big sports event in London. I can’t say I’ll be going again next year having been in 2011 and 2012, the racing isn’t that great.

Chris Wilkin
    Participant

Hi! (post, be nice!)

I’m thinking about going to Hockenheim 2 next year with some of the lads and catching a Bundesliga game too if the fixtures work out. What’s the format for DTM? Are there any support races like BTCC? Obliviously there’s only one main race, what time does the action kick off?

Thanks!

robk23
    Participant

Formula 3 Euro Series and VW Scirocco R-Cup support the DTM, plus other local championships.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.