DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters)

DTM’s new look in 2012

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

A few pictures giving a glimpse of how the DTM will look in 2012 with three manufacturers:

2012 DTM cars

2012 DTM cars

2012 DTM cars

2012 DTM cars

Dan Thorn
    Participant

They’re good looking cars and the extra manufacturer makes the world of difference, but personally I’d have more interest if there were some non-German manufacturers as well. I’ve always seen it as a bit of a one dimensional series…

Andy Redden
    Participant

Huge positive that BMW have joined. If I had to pick 3 touring car manufactures to compete against each other, those three would be near the top of my list.

raymondu999
    Participant

My love for my Audi has just gone up knowing that I’m driving the same color as the DTM drivers :D

Nflux
    Participant

They look a lot less fragile.

raymondu999
    Participant

How do you mean?

I wonder which Audi team will get that silver livery. I remember some of the Abt Audi teams had the Red Bull thingamajig last year.

Force Maikel
    Participant

An Audi with a silver livery? That’s like slapping Merc. in the face, but the new audi R18 is silver to. All the cars look stunning but the audi’s looks like it is going to trash the other two. God i can’t rember i was this excited for DTM.

matt90
    Participant

Audi has used silver in Le Mans for years as a base colour, and rather longer before that:
    http://www.toycollector.com/hwdphotos/originals/4034/347/Auto_Union_Streamliner.jpg
    In fact, silver arrows used to describe all German, silver racing cars.

raymondu999
    Participant

We need a longer DTM calendar :P

AndrewTanner
    Participant

@Dan-Thorn I think that’s what attracts me to DTM the most. It’s just so German!

I have a bit of a thing for German cars so this is perfect for me.

Force Maikel
    Participant

@matt90 thats what i thought i had said but looking back now it seems i typed something els. Strange …., but using silver in one the most German racing classes is really teasing the mercs

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.