RaceFans site development

Emails arriving for old mentions

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Estesark
    Participant

Hi,

In the last few days, I’ve had six emails from F1 Fanatic about people mentioning me in comments or forum posts, but none of the mentions have been recent. Here’s one example, from an email which arrived a minute ago, despite the comment being made nearly three years ago, in September 2012.

It’s not just emails, either: when I log into the site, the notifications are presented to me as if they were new.
    Is this a known problem?

Oli
    Participant

Can confirm, same here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same here. Both from forum mentions.

Haven’t checked my E-mail but the blue circle on here tells me I’ve got 83 new mentions so I’m inclined to think I’ve got that problem as well.

Mathers
    Participant

I’ve had a similar problem, the other day I ended up with 380 odd emails saying I’d been mentioned, right back from the start of my time here. Then today I had a further 517… My phone went mad!

Nice to know how many times I’ve been mentioned though!

Mads
    Participant

I have exactly the same problem.

jsw11984
    Participant

Same here, forum mention as well. 2012 sometime as well.

Thanks for the heads-up everyone. There’s been some maintenance going on with the database which appears to have caused this. Sorry for the disruption – that should be the end of it for now.

Estesark
    Participant

Thanks, Keith!

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Good to gear Keith!
    I also, recently, logged on to the tune of 508 mentions, considering I check in on F1F on a daily basis.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Yes, I figured it must be some sort of update that activated all the ones that were missed coming through to make it all up to date or something like that. Only 60 here :) Obviously I’m not active enough :D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.