F1 Games

Gran Turismo: The movie?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Sony planning a film based on the Gran Turismo series?

“Fifty Shades of Grey” producers Mike De Luca and Dana Brunetti will steer the action movie, which is based on the popular Sony PlayStation game by Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Studios.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/gran-turismo-movie-revs-sony-fifty-shades-grey-producers-exclusive-105431

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

One word: why?

@full-throttle-f1

One word: Money!

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

lol, they’ll make a movie out of anything these day’s :-)

Nick
    Participant

[Warning; satire/sarcasm ahead]

The movie will take place in Tokyo in the year 1996. The main man will be a white American, who will face the typical ‘oppression’ an American trying to make it abroad in movies faces. He will take out a loan to buy a used Toyota Supra Twin Turbo built in 1992. There will be shreds of racing, but mostly him counting his money, buying racing Skylines and verbal fights with more experienced Japanese drivers.

The movie will end at Laguna Seca where the main man will beat his opponent and win the Expert Championship. He is then seen with his romantic interest (which he will have fights over racing with), driving off into the sunset in his Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak.
    [The End]

Seriously, though, this might be the worst game to make a movie of since Doom. I expect similar results.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

lol

robk23
    Participant

I’ve just been to the lavatory and I ran out of bog roll, is there a movie in that?

MazdaChris
    Participant

@robk23 Yeah, that’s basically the format from every Ben Stiller movie ever

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Someone once tried to make a movie out of me not being able to open the top of a carton of milk.

Lin1876
    Participant

If we accept that even the worst movies have some kind of story, how do you make a movie of a game which has none?

This can only end badly.

Mathers
    Participant

Maybe they will focus on B-Spec mode, which would be an advantage, because if the film is bad we can just put it on 4x speed!

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Perhaps when the kids leave the game comes to life ! …. Oh that’s already been done

robk23
    Participant

They might focus on a particular track. Le Mans would be good, nobody’s done a film about that, right?

Mads
    Participant

I am so going to watch that!
    Maybe it will be even more ridiculous then Driven.

DamionShadows
    Participant

@npf1 I don’t know what you are talking about. That sounds like the greatest movie that could ever possibly exist. And I am dead serious :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.