F1 Games

Grand Prix Manager 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s a great game, although a bit old now (released in 1997). Anyone still playing it?

There’s a great website; http://www.gpm2world.com who do excellent current-season mod updates. Well worth a look if you still play it, or used to play it. The mod downloads include the whole game, so I don’t believe you need the original to play (aside from an old .dll file)

I’m about to embark on the 2010 season as Virgin!

Ads21
    Participant

I used to play Grand Prix Manager never realised 2 existed until a year or so ago. But the original was a super duper game and i spent so much time on it when i was younger. I think I bought it in 1996 and I still have the box and CD and stored safely but I haven’t played it in a while.

I thought it was rubbish… sorry!

Oscar Becker
    Participant

I have the GPM2 2010 mod but strangely i only got 2009 data with lotus, usf1 and manor gp added without any drivers. anyone else having the same problem

sw6569
    Participant

it wasn’t as good as grand prix world. But yes, i played all of these. F1 manager was good too

Oscar Becker
    Participant

oops I accidentaly replied twice

sw6569
    Participant

I also followed the F1CM game (well, development…!) for a couple of years. Never got released as far as I know. I love a good F1 management game though!

The Last Pope
    Participant

I played so many seasons of GPM1 when I was a kid. Your right Keith it was quite rubbish really and had quite a few bugs, but it was the best there was. I remember you would get completly different results if you skipped the race instead of watching it, often with some very odd winners. And the most anoying thing was when you accidently got your drivers signed for one race too few because the number of races that year had gone up. I once won the drivers championship with Hakkinen driving for Williams but because there was now 1 more race than his contract with me had, he moved to Ferrari for the final race of the year and in the game history that is who he won the championship with . lol I had to sign a free driver who had only scored 1 or 2 points and in my team history he was my driver for that year. It was great fun though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Grand Prix World? Was that one better, I don’t think I ever played it… gonna have a hunt for it now.

For all its faults, Grand Prix Manager 2 is still some classic gaming fun, ever if the results are incredibly random sometimes. I secured pole position in my Virgin Cosworth 2nd race out in Melbourne, only to be at the back of the grid for Malaysia.

Ratboy
    Keymaster

Great :D i’d love to play this again, whats this about the file though?

sw6569
    Participant

@Ajokay – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_World

it was the sequel to grand prix manager 2! Surprised you didn’t know about it!

Macca
    Participant

If you like manager games, I am part of an AI online racing leauge that uses Grand Prix 4 called the Grand Prix Games Super League. We are into our 5th season now. Anyone who is interested should check it out, it’s a lot of fun.

http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?4,931912

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ratboy – there is an old .dll file that doesn’t come with Vista or 7 (but fine if you’re running anything less. It gets installed when you install the game, but if you don’t have the game and download one of these extensive mods, then you’ll need to download the .dll file from somewhere as well. (It goes in your Windows system32 folder)

sw6569 – Excellent… I’m trying it out now. It’s a bit different to GPM2, and I’m struggling to find my way around it a bit. Started a season with Stewart Grand Prix. It’s gonna be a tough slog, but Grand Prix World actually makes me want to sit and manage the race, whereas playing GPM2, I just set the race up, and then fast forwarded through it.

Even better is the fact that the Grand Prix World folder contains all the graphics for the game as .BMP and .TGA files… so its very easily updateable/changable. Could add in your own photo as a driver, or change the liveries and team logos!

sw6569
    Participant

Ajokay – the other good manager was EA’s F1 manager. That and Grand Prix World are the best 3d ones. From memory Grand Prix World was a lot better – but was more difficult to mod for, so people used F1 manager more. Both a lot of fun, even if slightly simplistic. Used to be really hot on my F1 manager games, played GPRO online for a while too.

Do either of them have LAN online or any other form of multiplayer? Can’t remember!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s a shame if they don’t, as some online multiplayer managering with people on here wuld be great fun!

Never heard of EA’s effort either, I shall be exploring that this evening!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.