F1 Games

How’s your F1 2012 career going?

This topic contains 208 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Fixy 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 209 total)
  • Author

Fixy
    Participant

Round 18: Abu Dhabi
    Qualifying: 9th – Race: 3rd
    Before the race I finally got the long awaited call from Ferrari and accepted it. I was 10th in practice, second in Q1 (behind Vergne and ahead of de la Rosa), while Petrov was 20th. I was 10th in Q2 for a couple of tenths, and with a single effort in Q3 I was 9th, 0.014s off 18th place and 1.098s off P1. I reached 5th place at turn 2, then overtook both Red Bulls at turn 4 and took 3rd place. I did not have the pace of Hamilton and Rosberg but I held Webber and Vettel at bay. I pitted on lap 6 and came out 4th, only Grosjean having continued, and one lap later, when I took 3rd place back, the Safety Car came out. I had half a minute to earn back on the leaders and it took me over a lap and a half, then we waited a further lap before we went racing again. I didn’t have the best of restarts and mistook turn 1, so I had to defend from Grosjean for the rest of the lap. Then I started setting personal best laps, though two seconds off Hamilton’s pace, and I kept Grosjean behind me quite easily from then on to finish on the podium. Hamilton now is only fourteen points behind me in the championship.

Race 19: United States
    Qualifying: 10th – Race: 6th
    I was only 19th in practice and did not have the pace to complete my R&D program. Nonetheless, also thanks to a tow from Hulkenberg, I was 7th in Q1, while Petrov was eliminated in last place. With another great lap I went 4th fastest in Q2 before heavy rain spoiled the plans of the other drivers. I thought the rain would’ve played in my favour but I was at great disadvantage and ended tenth, five seconds off Rosberg’s pole time. I reached fourth place after the first corners but took some time to find my rhythm and therefore lost touch with the leaders. I was untouchable in sector 1 if I got it right, and thus defended well in the first DRS zone. I pitted on lap 6 with a crucial two-second lead on Maldonado: the pit lane got busy and most drivers were caught in traffic, but I wasn’t. Hamilton was the big winner as he pitted one lap later and came out behind me, while Senna and Ricciardo were on the opposite strategy and stopped on lap 8, joining behind us. I was doing my job really well but on lap 11 I made a mistake at the hairpin and Senna went by, and I had no hope to catch him. At the penultimate corner of lap 13, as it started raining, my worn-out tyres almost caught me out, and though I kept the car facing the right direction Ricciardo was now ahead and I was sixth, defending from Vettel. I made no further mistakes and Button thankfully beat Webber and Rosberg, who now are the only ones still in contention for the title together with me and Hamilton, who failed to score.

Fixy
    Participant

Race 20: Brazil
    Qualifying: 11th – Race: 5th

I was 6th in practice though not everyone ahead of me was also on primes, so I held high hopes for qualifying. I did get through to Q2 on the medium compound but only in 15th place, and I was one second off pace in Q2, two tenths off tenth place, and I qualified 11th. Luckily enough the front row was occupied by Vettel and Button, and with a good start I had Hamilton alongside me at turn 4. I attacked him and took third place. I was pretty happy with my pace but I was losing touch with the leading pair and was vulnerable in the second DRS zone. I had Rosberg on my tail, and thankfully Schumacher and Kobayashi had taken the following positions ahead of my other rivals. I pitted on lap 8 but my mechanics were slow and we had to led Schumacher through, meaning Rosberg, who waited a further lap, was also ahead of me. Now 5th, I lowered my lap times and finally set my best time which was 1.4s slower than Schumacher’s, which was the fastest of all. I had slightly pulled away from Kobayashi, and behind him only Alonso was in sight now. As I turned down my engine revs to save fuel in the last laps the two caught me, with Hamilton quickly reaching us. I fended off a couple of attempts down at turn 4 and held onto 5th place, and over fifteen seconds after Rosberg had crossed the line in third place I took the chequered flag meaning I was world champion by six points on the German. Vettel won, Hamilton preceded Webber to seventh place and Petrov recovered three positions to finish 21st.

Fixy
    Participant

Race 20: Brazil
    Qualifying: 11th – Race: 5th

I was 6th in practice though not everyone ahead of me was also on primes, so I held high hopes for qualifying. I did get through to Q2 on the medium compound but only in 15th place, and I was one second off pace in Q2, two tenths off tenth place, and I qualified 11th. Luckily enough the front row was occupied by Vettel and Button, and with a good start I had Hamilton alongside me at turn 4. I attacked him and took third place. I was pretty happy with my pace but I was losing touch with the leading pair and was vulnerable in the second DRS zone. I had Rosberg on my tail, and thankfully Schumacher and Kobayashi had taken the following positions ahead of my other rivals. I pitted on lap 8 but my mechanics were slow and we had to led Schumacher through, meaning Rosberg, who waited a further lap, was also ahead of me. Now 5th, I lowered my lap times and finally set my best time which was 1.4s slower than Schumacher’s, which was the fastest of all. I had slightly pulled away from Kobayashi, and behind him only Alonso was in sight now. As I turned down my engine revs to save fuel in the last laps the two caught me, with Hamilton quickly reaching us. I fended off a couple of attempts down at turn 4 and held onto 5th place, and over fifteen seconds after Rosberg had crossed the line in third place I took the chequered flag meaning I was world champion by six points on the German. Vettel won, Hamilton preceded Webber to seventh place and Petrov recovered three positions to finish 21st.

Fixy
    Participant

Season 3 – Ferrari #1

Race 1: Australia
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 1st

I was first in free practice by seven tenths. In Q1 I struggled and qualified in 15th place by a tenth or so; in Q2 I was 6th, a second off Alonso, but only on my fourth lap, having risked elimination. Times in Q3 were much slower as my Q2 time would have secured me pole, and with a single set of options, I waited until two minutes were left to leave the pits for my only attempt. I was 8 hundredths down in S1, 1 up in S2 and I crossed the line fractionally slower than my Q2 time, but with a 1:27.0 I was 0.011s faster than Vettel and two tenths quicker than Alonso, and I took pole in my first appearance for Ferrari. Kovalainen confirmed the progress I helped Caterham make by qualifying 9th. I started well and Alonso took second place from Vettel, with Schumacher lining up third. I easily kept the lead until I stopped on lap 6, when Alonso passed into the lead. I came out ahead of Vettel and Schumacher and behind Ricciardo. Alonso came out one lap later just ahead of me, and I used all my KERS on the first straight after the pits to catch up, and I dived down the inside at turn 3. I was going to run a little deep and I couldn’t turn on apex as I carried too much speed, but Fernando did not care and steered towards me. We banged wheel and he ended up on the grass, losing around three seconds to me. Ricciardo stopped from the lead and I took it back, and managed my gap to Alonso over the rest of the laps. On lap 10 I wanted to take the fastest lap and I did so by two tenths, before Webber further improved it by almost three tenths. Alonso later fractionally beat that and I bettered mine to be only 0.230s slower, but he was catching up with me on the final laps. I caught and lapped Hulkenberg, who dangerously let me through on the outside of turn 5 and forced me to run wide, but Alonso lost more time than me. I lapped de la Rosa on the pit straight seconds before I crossed the line to take the win, and my first one-two.

Fixy
    Participant

Race 2: Malaysia
    Qualifying: 22nd – Race: 2nd
    I topped free practice ahead of Alonso, but Q1 had light rain which made the choice between slick and grooved tyres tricky. I was second for most of the session but quickly became twenty-second in the final moments without chance to go out and improve. Alonso and Grosjean had no times and lined up behind me. I decided to try the opposite strategy to what I usually do, and put on hard tyres. In the first sector I managed to make my way up to third place without making contact with anyone. Schumacher was running away but Button was a little slower and I kept him in sight until he made a mistake on lap 3 and I overtook him. Schumacher was eleven seconds ahead when he pitted on lap 6 but I was keeping Vettel a bay. Hamilton and I continued and the Briton re-joined behind Schumacher. I pitted on lap 8 and came out second, ten seconds from the leader. I started pushing and set the fastest lap of the race on three consecutive laps, lowering it by a second on my third try. Nonetheless, I was barely earning useless tenths on Schumacher, who stayed nine seconds in front, while Hamilton dropped to around seven. As Alonso retired one lap from the flag I crossed the line in second place.

Fixy
    Participant

Race 3: China
    Qualifying: 22nd – Race: 1st
    I was over a second clear of anyone else in practice, but rain in Q1 meant my setup was unusable and I qualified twenty-second once more, while Schumacher and Rosberg locked out the front row ahead of Alonso. I started quietly but stayed away from collisions and made my way up to seventh place in the first sector. I overtook Perez at the hairpin, then Button at turn 1 and reached fifth place. I pursued Vettel who was almost three seconds ahead, and with near-perfect laps 5 and 6 I reached him and overtook him on the outside of turn 11. On that lap he, Alonso and race-leader Schumacher pitted and I followed Rosberg, four seconds behind him. I went faster than before and he stopped on that lap, while I continued since I was on the reverse strategy. I went better still and I saw that Rosberg had come out ahead of Schumacher. The world champion then overtook his teammate giving me a few more tenths’ advantage before I pitted on lap 8. I came out and left the pit lane with a couple of cars’ lengths of margin over Schumacher. I then set the fastest lap of the race on lap 10, and though I never beat it I lapped close to that limit on several occasions, extending my lead to 2.2 seconds. Hamilton improved the fastest lap on lap 13 and deprived me of that extra gratification, but I led the two Mercedes and Alonso to win the race having started in front of only the HRTs.

Fixy
    Participant

Race 4: Bahrain
    I did not run in practice, and in qualifying I was messy through sector 2 meaning I was ninth and fifth in the first sessions. In Q3 I used full revs and was tidy so I took pole by over half a second on Alonso. I kept the position at the start and so did Fernando, and we stayed in that order until the pit stops, having battled once with me losing the lead on the pit straight and taking it back at turn four. I pitted on lap 6 and Maldonado pitted too just behind me. We were seventh and eighth on lap 7 and we both overtook Alonso and the other driver leaving the pits on lap 8. I was already two seconds ahead and the Williams driver couldn’t beat my pace, so I did not have to worry too much about the gap. I tried to set the fastest lap which was a second quicker than I could manage, and after twice risking losing the car at the final corner I decided to be more careful. Maldonado had thus gone from being three seconds behind me to just under two, with Alonso still in his exhausts but unable to make a move stick at turn 1. I pushed again for the final laps and pulled out half a second on my rivals, winning the race comfortably. Maldonado took his first points with a podium and Alonso is now third in the standings.

Fixy
    Participant

Race 5: Spain
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 4th
    I was in the top ten in free practice and in the first two qualifying sessions, but the gaps were minimal and everything could go wrong very easily. I was perfect in Q3 and took provisional pole on my first attempt, then improved by three thousandths. I was beaten by both Mercedes at turn 1 but by the end of the first sector I was back in the lead, and I kept it without trouble until the pit stops: I was overall the fastest driver, though both Rosberg and Schumacher had taken turns in beating my fastest laps. I sat stationary an extra second in the pits but stayed in front of Schumacher; on cold, hard tyres I lost my advantage on Rosberg, who came out over two seconds ahead. As I’d seen in Q1, I lost my performance advantage on the prime compound, and Nico ran away. I lost KERS for four laps as well but after that Schumacher was no longer a threat. Trying to steal the fastest lap (which was still in the high 1:23s) from Rosberg, I spun at the final chicane on lap 14 and dropped to fourth place, behind Vettel. Of course now I needed to catch the Red Bull he went fastest, and he and Rosberg took turns in lowering the fastest lap until it became a 1:23.0, over a second faster than I could achieve and two seconds faster than my current pace, meaning I couldn’t aim to overtake anyone. Instead, I almost spun at the last corner but preceded Vergne to the chequered flag.

Fixy
    Participant

Race 6: Monaco
    Qualifying: 23rd – Race: 2nd
    I was quickest in free practice, but in Q1 it was raining and for some reason my setup didn’t work at all, and I was relegated to twenty-third place, between the two HRTs, while Alonso set pole. I recovered to eleventh place on the first lap, making overtakes at every possible spot. Alonso broke his front wing at the final corner and slowed down a bunch of drivers on the straight, which I avoided to take third place. I closed in on Kobayashi and overtook him at the end of the third lap. Webber was six seconds ahead and as I couldn’t get a good lap together he built a safe lead. Kobayashi and Vettel pitted on lap 9, Webber on lap 10 and I led the eleventh, pitting at the end of the twelfth. I made a mistake at turn one of lap 11 and lost six seconds, so I dropped to fourth, four seconds behind Vettel. I had super-soft tyres now and maximum engine power, so I closed in on the Red Bull and went through thanks to the lapped Marussia of Glock who slowed him down. It took me an extra lap to catch Kobayashi and I passed him using DRS on the pit straight. He defended the inside line, so I braked late and skidded sideways into the wall, destroying my front wing. With four laps to go, I decided against pitting for repairs and after that slow lap, during which Kobayashi spun, I was only three seconds slower than the race pace, and that then became two on the penultimate lap. I caught and lapped Hamilton, Alonso and Karthikeyan, defended from Vettel and, twenty seconds after Webber, I crossed the finish line in second place.

Fixy
    Participant

Race 7: Canada

I was last in free practice, having had to run on worn slicks on a damp track for our R&D programme. In Q1 I was eleventh, with Alonso leading the session, then it was my turn on top as Alonso was 4th and in Q3 I was first and Alonso 6th. I lost the lead of the race to Rosberg at turn 1, and the German ran away before DRS was enabled: by the end of lap four he was more than four seconds ahead. I had to defend from Schumacher and Rosberg benefited from that, but I started lapping quicker and kept the gap consistent. I pitted on lap eight, Rosberg on lap nine, and his lead was reduced to just over three seconds, while Vettel had risen to third. Schumacher retired, Alonso dropped to 16th, but I was closing in on Rosberg: I was set to catch him if he kept that rhythm. Instead, we caught the first backmarkers, and on lap eleven he crashed into Perez at the hairpin, losing his front wing. I was through into the lead, and started lapping faster than ever, going as far as setting the fastest lap on lap 14. Rosberg, having pitted for repairs, improved that twice by little, and I now led Vettel by seven seconds with two laps to go. I put my engine back on normal mode, made a mistake and my lead was immediately down to three seconds, with Webber pushing past his teammate and now trying to catch me. I lost another second on the final lap but played it safe and won the race, for the third year running.

Fixy
    Participant

Race 8: Europe
    Qualifying: 1st – Race: 2nd
    I led free practice by over two seconds on Petrov. I led Q1 by over a second on Alonso, Q2 by just less than one, still on Fernando, and Q3 by almost 1.7 on my team mate, as we locked out the front row. I immediately lost the lead to Alonso, but tried to take it back throughout the first sector. I made several small mistakes in the first laps which meant I had to defend from the Red Bulls and couldn’t concentrate on catching Fernando, who was running away as fast as he could. I pitted on lap 6 and came out slowly as there was traffic, but I quickly recovered to 5th place. Webber stopped one lap later and came out quite a bit ahead of me, but I put my head down and halved the gap in one lap, then spent two more reducing it further until, on the fourth lap, I used his tow on the second back straight to pass him going into the hairpin. To do this, I had twice consecutively set the fastest lap, and I improved it further in my lap in clean air. Alonso then decided to spoil my race further by improving it just slightly, until rain started falling on the penultimate lap. I was trying to go faster, but gave up, and Webber used DRS to pass me on the final lap. I stayed in touch but the rain was now very strong and we both slowed further down. He braked very early and I anticipated the braking too, but not enough. Nonetheless, I stayed on track and was more aggressive on the power than him, so I stayed ahead. Alonso had crossed the finish line already while Webber and I slowly made our way through the final sector, luckily without more surprises. Alonso beat me for the first time and became the fifth driver to win a race, with me being the only driver to win more than one. Schumacher finished fourth but had a penalty which moved him out of the points, so I extended my lead to 70 points.

Fixy
    Participant

Race 9: Great Britain
    Qualifying: 4th – Race: 2nd
    I had poor pace on the hard tyres, ending up 12th in FP and 15th in Q1, always behind the stellar Alonso. In Q2 I was fourth, and in Q3 I was sixth with my first two attempts: despite running out of fuel I decided for an extra lap on my final run and incredibly improved to fourth place, while Alonso was dead last in the session. I started well and took the lead from Schumacher when he made a mistake in the final corner of the Arena section. I led until the pit stops, improving my pace with every lap. I lost a little time due to traffic in my box but made a big mistake at Becketts, jumping off the kerb and across the grass, only just managing to keep pointing the right direction and to stay ahead of Karthikeyan and Schumacher. Indeed, Webber came out ahead of me by over three seconds, a gap I was reducing over the following two laps until he turned his engine revs up and started setting purple lap times. I improved my personal best more than once but it wasn’t enough, and I ended second ahead of Hamilton. I now lead Alonso by a hundred points and have been promoted to equal status with him.

Fixy
    Participant

Race 10: Germany
    I led practice ahead of Alonso, but was behind him in Q1 and Q2, though I admittedly only looked for a top-ten time. In Q3 I put just enough fuel for a single flying lap and turned up my engine revs, and twice lapped below the 1:17s, putting me top by 4 tenths on Rosberg, with Alonso fifth behind both Red Bulls. I kept the lead at the start and lowered thrice in a row the fastest lap, until Webber did much better and I gave up trying. I pitted on lap 7 but ran wide into the gravel, losing precious seconds. Indeed, when Webber and Rosberg pitted I had to overtake them between turns one and two, but then the pair of them attacked me on either side into the hairpin. I resisted having warmer tyres, and as the two fought between them I could push to try and take the fastest lap. I took me several attempts, but finally I set a 1:18.883, 8 tenths faster than Webber’s best effort, on lap 14, and from then on I had to turn down my engine revs and, having used much of my tyres, I fell into the clutches of Rosberg, discovering Webber had retired in the meantime. Rosberg got through using DRS on the final lap, I ran wide at the hairpin having counter-attacked him, then at turn 7 I tried a last, do-or-die attempt and managed to keep on track, and Rosberg did not change his line, so I returned to the lead and scored the first hat-trick of the season.

PorscheF1
    Participant

Just wondering, why are you still playing F1 2012?

Fixy
    Participant

Race 11: Hungary
    Qualifying: 2nd – Race: 1st
    I was fifth in practice, 2nd and then fi1st in Q1 and Q2 and all of this on medium tyres. In Q3 I tried again on that compound and was only a tenth off pace, so I decided to try again with my final prime set. Vettel improved further, and I’d almost given up my hopes when I went purple in S1. In S2 I was slower than before, but a miracle in S3 allowed me to get within 0.049s of Vettel and ahead of Alonso, but I’d wasted an almost certain pole position. I was quick enough to overtake Vettel at the start, and kept him and Alonso behind for eight laps. They both pitted, but lost time in traffic, so Webber leapfrogged both by stopping one lap later. I anticipated my stop and came in the lap after and found myself just ahead of Vettel who had DRS-ed his way past Webber. Nothing happened until the flag, apart from my vain attempts to claim fastest lap. With four to go I put Vettel out of DRS range and rested a bit, and won a second consecutive race, whereas Alonso finished 19th.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.