F1 Games

Iracing Hosted Events

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Polishboy808
    Participant

This is a place where you can post iRacing Hosted events, if your kind enough to pay 2 dollars ;) I’m going to be hosting an event at 5-5:30 pm Est of our choice, so whatever you guys want to race as long as most people have access to it (ie Williams at Lime Rock, Mazdas at Summit Point, etc…) I might make it private, or just open it to the public. Discuss what you want to race, if you guys want to race at all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why’s your avatar all black?

Polishboy808
    Participant

Not sure, anything I do it still stays black :( But thanks for your input ;)

Polishboy808
    Participant

Theres an F1 race at summit point, open to all who want to join hosted by me. If you want to race, then join!

George
    Participant

Embarrassingly I dont have the F1, the thought of spending hours on setups put me off :/

Polishboy808
    Participant

If you want, Im doing a demo derby at oxford now!

Joey-Poey
    Participant

I think I watched that Demo derby briefly. Alas, I had only caught it after it had filled up. I would like to try these hosted events with us more often! I might suggest something everyone most likely has such as the Miata, SRF or Solstice (if we do a road course anyway). I also don’t have the Williams yet and the racing will probably tend to be a little closer with lower-level cars :)

Joey-Poey
    Participant

Y’know I had a thought about these hosted events. Since there’s getting to be a fair amount tracks that F1 has raced one (both current and former), maybe we should organize our own series ala the Collantine Cup, except for iRacing? If we could get a few more guys involved (and they could be friends of ours outside of this forum), we can set up a schedule and maybe run the Williams against one another and keep score. Or, if not enough people have the Williams, we could substitute it with another car most can agree on?

Dunno, just a thought. And as a helpful list, here’s the tracks that could be on the calender that have had at least one Championship F1 race on them:

Okayama (AKA Aida)

Spa-Francorchamps

Silverstone

Watkins Glen

Zandvoort

Brands Hatch

Indianapolis

Mosport

Sebring

and supposedly Sao Paulo and Suzuka are in the works currently which if both were added soon enough would make for 11 races. Thoughts?

matty55
    Participant

I’m new to iracing I’d definetly be interested!! How much does the williams car cost?

Joey-Poey
    Participant

It’s listed at 12 bucks. I actually don’t have it yet myself, hence why I’m open to using a different car (also because I bet it’s insanely hard to drive).

George
    Participant

Yeah I’ve been hearing some horror stories about the Williams, apparently the fixed setup during the 24h du fun was about 4 seconds off the WR lap, limited setup options (and limited effect of setup differences) is one of the main reasons I like the skippy so much.

Polishboy808
    Participant

The Williams is incredibly fun! I could host a few races, and I know someone that would gladly join (outside of the forum). The only problem for me is that I would have to pay over $100 on tracks! Sorry, I dont have that kind of money to spend!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would be up for a cup-type event. It would require a fair bit of spending to get the tracks though. Maybe if we try to stick to the free tracks initially? You get a fair few road courses. There’s 2 Lime Rock courses, 2 Okayama courses, Laguna Seca, and the roaval & road courses at Charlotte, so there’s 7 right there.

If we’re looking to spend some money on courses or a second season or something, maybe get one with lots of layours like Silverstone, Virginia, or Barber? More cofigurations for your money that way.

I’d prefer the lower level cars rather than the FW31 though, I think you’d get a much closer race. Some of the shorter, narrower tracks are a little too claustrophobic for F1 cars.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

Yeah, I’m leaning more towards the skip as well since it’s a challenge, but not ridiculously so.

I’d say if we’re going to do a series, let’s not use the same track twice just so things don’t get so repetitive. I do totally understand not wanting to dump a huge chunk on tracks, though (I’m missing the last four on that list, myself). One of my friends made an interesting suggestion, though: make it more like Indy Cars and include an oval or two in there. I’ve never run the skip on an oval and I’m terribly curious to know how they’d do.

Ultimately, I’d just like us to find a good middle ground we can agree on and just invite loads of friends. The skips with 26 cars per race has been such a blast compared to the usual 10-15 per race. The more the merrier, so to speak.

Another thing my friend pointed out was with the updates, hosted races are now only 50 cents an hour. So even if we had an hour long race -which is a LONG race if you haven’t run much above the lower series- it could be super cheap for us. Granted, I’m not sure whether you have to purchase qualifying and such, too, but I would imagine it’s the same rate and honestly, something like a buck per race weekend would be more than doable.

EDIT: My friend Dusty has started discussion on an endurance league for the skips if anyone wants to pipe in! http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1471131.page

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.