F1 Games

Would you recommend Race 07 or Race Injection?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rozi2002
    Participant

Hey guys i’m new here and this is my first forum so here i go.

I am thinking of getting race 07/ race injection for my PC and I tried the demo and I liked it a lot but I want your opinions.

George
    Participant

@rozi2002
    Race 07 is what got me into sim racing, it’s getting a bit old now so the physics and graphics aren’t quite up to the top modern games but as a starting point it’s good. I don’t know how active the online scene is these days but the AI isn’t bad. It’s certainly good enough to teach you the basics of driving and car setup.

Ratboy
    Keymaster

There are some Race 07 series going on here -> http://www.reallyrubbishracing.co.uk/
    currently a Formula Renault and GT championship. all seems to be going well with it, good bunch of guys and clean racing
    (I stick to the GT6 side of the club)

Rozi2002
    Participant

Interesting, does race injection come with race 07? I know it says on steam that race 07 is included but I need someone who has race injection to tell me does it have the original race 07 product in it?

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

@Rozi2002 Race 07 was the original game. Several expansion packs were released after that, including GTR Evolution, Race On, STCC the Game (and STCC 2) and Race Injection, as well as several smaller expansion packs. Without going into too much detail, these major packs all include the original Race 07 and some smaller expansion packs, most of which can all be bought separately.

My advice though is to wait for the Steam Winter Sales (or Summer if you’re in the Southern Hemisphere like me), there are always huge discounts and you’ll probably be able to get the Simbin Mega Bundle (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18370/) for up to 75% off. There’s a lot to keep you entertained there for US$10!

EDIT: If you want more information just tag me and I’ll help you out :)

Rozi2002
    Participant

lol I live in the Southern Hemisphere too :DThx for telling me VMaxMuffin. I’m also thinking about getting a gift card around summer for steam 😄.

EDIT: lots of racing games in the simbin bundle 😱 but I’m thinking of getting race injection because I think my computer cant store all those games from the simbin bundle. How much storage would the bundle take up?

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

If you get Race 07, consider also picking up GTR2 if you don’t have it already. It’s a blast.

You’ll just need to install the v1.1 patch over the Steam version in order to reclaim the Ferrari and Porsche cars that were yanked out.

Bookoi
    Participant

I’d definitely recommend Race 07. Whilst it might look a bit dated compared to the latest sims, the handling model is good and makes for brilliant multiplayer racing. It’s cheap and runs on pretty much anything – I’m using a four year i3 laptop with onboard graphics, so if you have a system with anything that resembles a graphics card, you’ll probably be able to max out the settings.

Like Ratboy. I race at http://www.reallyrubbishracing.co.uk where our PC racing is based on this game. I’d highly recommend checking us out if you’re getting into Race 07. We also have a Youtube channel that fully covers our Race 07 events, if you want to see what we’re all about – https://www.youtube.com/user/ReallyRubbishRacing

Rozi2002
    Participant

I saw you racing in the International Masters of Formula R 2.0 with POWA gp 😄

Bookoi
    Participant

Ha, I’d say that’s good to hear but I’m having my worst season yet in that championship!

That series is running for another five weeks so if you do end up getting Race 07, feel free to come and join us. :)

Rozi2002
    Participant

It’s going to be pretty hard for me as I live in Australia and I do like my sleep.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Race 07 is ruddy bloody awesome and I’d recommend it to anyone wanting to get into PC sim racing.

Mathers
    Participant

It is without doubt the best game I’ve ever played. I’m currently going through a phase of Super Touring, been doing the whole 1998 championship in a Laguna, battling hard with James Thompson in the Honda for the title, won it at the final corner with switchback through Brooklands at Silverstone!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.