F1

A new logo for the Ferrari F1 team, an improvement or not

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    BasCB
    Participant

I found pictures of Ferrari presenting its new logo for 2011 to the media (http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/238433/ferrari-unveils-new-logo-for-2011/ ). It seems to reflect the change of approach with Marlboro and offers more to Santander and maybe the wish to have something new to symbolize a new era.

I think it looks pretty sleek and a lot better than the boxed thing with the barcode in it. What do you think of it?

Scribe
    Participant

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERsmeh.

Bit of a non event really, at least it doesn’t try to hock death to small children any more, if you buy that.

Cacarella
    Participant

I think it resembles the Marlboro Chevron and would be a perfect logo for a team with the old Mclaren Marlboro Livery. They took the chevron and slanted it slightly to the left. Dammit!!! I need a cigarette now!!

True Marketing Genius!

Maybe some of the Ferrari Marketing team should work with the engineers on exploiting loopholes!

Journeyer
    Participant

I agree with Cacarella. It’s half a Marlboro Chevron.

It could just be a case of me seeing what I want to see, but most things in a logo have significance.

What I would find interesting is if Ducati go do something similar. Even more so if they end up getting Rossi.

rampante
    Participant

Ferrari have used red and white long before malboro. Should they change the red just in case? This is a non story.

SoLiDG
    Participant

I like it. Marketing wise, smart ;)

Ratboy
    Keymaster

I think Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro have finally found a way to prove there not advertisng Marlboro anymore :p

BasCB
    Participant

Rampante, i would like to know what you think of how this new logo looks (although the Ferrari logo itself stays as it is!).

rampante
    Participant

I’ve seen it change many times and the logo or shade of red is not that important to me. Malboro will still throw money at them for some crazy reason. The team, as all do remain the same. When Mclaren went from red and white to silver or Jordan from green to blue green and white to yellow, Lotus etc they never changed.

Icthyes
    Participant

In the words of the great Dr Cox:

Wow. I care so little, I almost passed out.

Hare
    Participant

It’s growing on me, but I didn’t like it at first.

People are always going to draw comparisons with Marlboro, but how can they not?

Having said that, I don’t think Ferrari fans are gonna care too much. The prancing horse is still once of the greatest logos in sport, and that’s all present and correct.

This love this photo of Massa and Alonso, Massa is snearing and Alonso couldn’t look less bothered! :)

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/photo-galleries/large/157777/

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Yep, new Santander backing was my initial reaction as well.

God, we’re a bunch of cynics.

TommyB
    Participant

It’s weird but when I look at it, it makes me want to go and start up an account with a Spanish bank. Weird.

wasiF1
    Participant

I liked it, a change in the taste.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The red part looks to me like half of the Marlboro symbol, and I don’t really like the red part sticking out on the edges.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.