F1

A very special thank you …

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

… Goes to Michael Bay!

I saw TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON today, and I have to say that I was deeply impressed with the way Michael Bay took the concept of giant alien robots (who can transform into vehicles) beating, shooting and blowing each other up – which should be the most awesome thing, ever – and over the next two and a half hours conclusively proved that there is something in this world more boring than the 2011 European Grand Prix.

Stand up so that we can give you a round of applause, Mr. Bay. You’ve earned it.

George
    Participant

Well you can write all the bad reviews you like, if you paid to see it that’s all he and his bosses care about.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

So you would recommend it then, PM?

Anonymous
    Inactive

AndrewT: I think PM would definitely recommend watching it to finish off a European GP 2011 marathon (FP1-2-3, Qualifying, the pre-race BBC show, the race, the post-race interviews of ALL drivers + team managers AND the special one hour “highlights of the GP” show). If you can ensure you have some very heavy chocolate mousse by your side and two bottles of creamy milk, all should be perfect & delightful.

robbiepblake
    Participant

Here’s a video review which says it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc4GjSydejo

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

So you would recommend it then, PM?

Let’s put it this way: I was more excited for the two and a half minute trailer of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – GHOST PROTOCOL than I was for the two and a half hours of TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON. I was actually very disappointed with the film since they wasted such a good story premise.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Michael Bay is a terrible director. I haven’t seen DARK OF THE MOON but I doubt it’s an improvement over the first two (which were as terrible as Michael Bay himself). The movies had similar plotlines, it was all style, no substance. TRANSFORMERS revolves around Shia LaBouef’s character running around and screaming like a little child while two factions of alien robots destroy a large American city. And as this is going on, the US military search for a man-made building (Hoover Dam in the first one, The Pyramids of Giza in the second one) which holds a precious alien substance that can defeat the evil faction. It happens in both movies, and it probably happens in the third one. If it’s worse than the European Grand Prix, it is definitely not worth watching. Michael Bay, if you are reading this, please stop recycling your movie plotlines. Even better, quit. Let a good director like Matthew Vaughan or Chistopher Nolan handle the Transformers franchise.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.