F1

Aesthetic F1 – how I like it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    PT
    Participant

This link was shared by one of the F1 Fanatic readers – don’t remember who, but this is how I want F1 cars to look like. The concept by this designer seems perfect – particulalry the wide track and closed cockpit ideas.

Here’s the link:

PorscheF1
    Participant

I don’t like closed cockpits. Makes the difference between an P1 and F1 even smaller and I want them to be two distinctive cars, more like far relatives instead of very similar looking brothers.

Djangles LeVaughn
    Participant

Van Overbeeke’s closed cockpiet concept is alright but not my cup of tea. The Red Bull and Williams concepts he produced previously fit the bill for 2017 possibilities, all be it designed for style sake in some areas.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

Ugh. Closed cockpits. The rest look a little too simplistic for my liking. Widening the cars gets a no from me too.

PorscheF1
    Participant

I’d be very happy with e F138 with these engines and wider rear tyres…

PT
    Participant

@Craig Woollard

And why don’t you like widening the cars?

@PorscheF1

I believe the future lies in closed cockpits. If cars must get faster then driver protection should improve – either helmets become much safer and probably heavier too, or introduce well researched closed cockpit designs. And Van Overbeeke’s designs show that they won’t necessarily resemble sports prototypes…

Wasn’t this in the round-up months ago?

PT
    Participant

Yeah, I think it was Keith.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If it stops another young driver in his 20s dying (or at any age for that matter), I’m all for it.

Asanator
    Participant

Nope, F1 doesn’t need closed cockpits!

PT
    Participant

People always resist change, even if it is for good. I’m glad people back in the 50s and 60s didn’t have such a mindset or F1 would still be racing those narrow tyre cigar-shaped front engine machines.

Asanator
    Participant

nonsense, cars evolved from the “narrow tyre cigar-shaped front engine machines” as you call them for performance reasons, not aesthetic reasons. Closed cockpits are an over reaction to a safety problem that they will not solve.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Closed cockpits would reduce massively the risk of head injury. How many injuries/deaths have taken place down to a head injury? I can think of several in just a few seconds.

In my mind, that’s enough to justify them being introduced. I don’t care how the cars look, as long as we don’t have to see another driver funeral on TV.

PT
    Participant

@Asanator

Are you thinking closed cockpits are for aesthetic reasons? Wake up, fan!

PT
    Participant

@Asanator

Closed cockpits have safety and performance advantages, as do covered wheels.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.