F1

An F1 Fanatic Suggestion – Private Messaging

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    damonsmedley
    Participant

I am not sure if anyone else thinks this would be a good idea, but considering many people on F1 Fanatic choose to remain anonymous or do not have a Twitter account, it is very difficult to get in touch with other members. On occasions I have wanted to ask certain members questions but have been unable to find any way of contacting them.

I was wondering if it would be too much to ask for a private messaging system – where members could contact one another within F1 Fanatic?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fantastic idea! Love it!

Wait, hang on. You mean that all those messages I sent to Ned Flanders about TommyB89 were actually pub-

Oh no.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve always liked the idea of private messaging so I’m all for it if it is possible.

Icthyes
    Participant

Could be open to abuse from spammers.

wasiF1
    Participant

Not a bad idea but I would love if Keith can attach something which will send the comment straighr to our maul ID when someone reply to my comment.

Scribe
    Participant

People can be pretty vitriolic about F1, my youtube inbox is testement to that. People can’t really cut loose like that because we don’t have PMing here. Not that I’m against it but be ready for some strifey banhammering if it ever does come about.

Hairs
    Participant

Bring on the Private Messaging, I for one have a lot of Private questions I’d like to ask Steph. I’m sure she’ll appreciate them, too.

Icthyes
    Participant

It would definitely have to be like Twitter where you can block people until you accept them.

sw6569
    Participant

Given how popular I am, I support this thread. People come from far and wide to read my exquisite posts and thoughts.

More seriously, I think its time that this became a ‘proper forum’ rather than a tacked on part of the site.

Icthyes
    Participant

I think the only drawback of this system is the inability to merge the inevitable clone threads that pop up every few months.

Hairs
    Participant

I actually really like this forum system. It’s not at all like the others, it’s got an atmosphere to it. Add formatting boxes to the top like the comments, and we’re away.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Yeah I agree with Hairs (on both counts), I think it’s great as it is. I don’t want all the daft taglines and quotes and post counts etc that you get on some Forums, it’ll just look messy. Keep it simple!

damonsmedley
    Participant

Agree with you both. And I like it how everyone doesn’t know of the forum’s existence, so we don’t get thousands of useless topics every day.

US_Peter
    Participant

I concur. It’s pretty much perfect how it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.