F1

ANT puts sulphur-burner on pole in Georgia

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Russell Gould
    Participant

Good on Anthony Davidson for putting his Peugot on pole for tomorrow’s Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta.

Now, if you ever see him and Mark Webber on a tandem bike, DUCK! ;-)

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

:D

It was also good to see one-time Minardi driver Gianmaria Bruni claim the GT class pole.

Calum
    Participant

What’s a sulphur burner? Just a diesel?

raymondu999
    Participant

Makes you wonder sometimes doesn’t it; what was it about F1 that hindered them? Was it car, or is driving skill a lot worse in these lower categories?

James_mc
    Participant

I would argue that the GT cars, F1 cars and Sportscars/LMP cars are completely different beasts and require different driving skills, which some drivers may be more or less suited to.

matt90
    Participant

Plus Davidson never had a chance in a decent car.

George
    Participant

Yeah, Ant was always solid if unspectacular in F1, but that’s the kind of driving style that’s rewarded in endurance racing.

raymondu999
    Participant

Well there ARE rumors that McLaren want to lock Button in for the rest of his racing career for that very purpose; they want to go into Le Mans. And for their GT3 too

sbl on tour
    Participant

think ant would put alot of the present so called F1 stars in their place

top bloke

matt90
    Participant

I haven’t heard that rumour. I’d love to see more high profile F1 drivers doing le mans either during or after their F1 career. And I’d love to see McLaren do a prototype.

Calum
    Participant

Mclaren LMP would be brilliant!

I’m looking forward to the next few years of LM! A World Championship, Peugeot, Audi, Aston and Porsche… plus maybe Jaguar and Toyota – if Mclaren get in then Ferrari would HAVE to join as well… ;)

Oh, and Bentley were saying they want to get back into motorsport too…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.