F1

Bathurst or F1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SouthAussie94
    Participant

I know theres a large number of Aussies on here and with the next round of F1 in Japan being the same weekend as the Bathurst 1000, it will leave many of us with a difficult dilemma; Do we watch the closing hours of Bathurst and miss the F1, do we miss the last laps of Bathurst and watch the F1? Or do you try your best to watch both, flicking channels between the two?

Its a tough call. Whats everyone going to do?

damonsmedley
    Participant

Unequivocally F1. I haven’t watched the V8 Supercars in years and it is only getting worse. Possibly the most boring form of motorsport in the world now unfortunately…

nik

No contest: F1

Haven’t watched the V8’s in years and can’t remember the last time I watched Bathurst. Used to follow it a lot 10+ years ago when it was good. I like Ambrose though and root for him in NASCAR

Anonymous
    Inactive

Definitely F1. No question. And especially the season we have this year, you won’t want to miss anything. This is the best season I’ve ever seen.

Although I quite liked the V8 Supercars, there really ain’t no competition.

Macca
    Participant

Both. Watch the end of Bathurst and then press play on my recorder to watch the F1.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Formula 1. I don’t get the station that broadcasts the V8s. And even if I did, I only have the standard free-to-air, not digital television, so the Grand Prix probably won’t be on until late.

damonsmedley
    Participant

How do you watch F1 with standard free-to-air?

nik

@Damon Channel One (HD only in most areas, but you don’t need a HD TV, just a HD box)

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

How do you watch F1 with standard free-to-air?

I turn the television on and suffer through the morons that call themselves commentators. Australia is yet to convert entirely to digital HD transmissions; the federal government is bringing them in by 2012, but I don’t have it yet. I don’t have enough money and I pretty much only ever watch the Grands Prix, Glee and NCIS, which isn’t nearly enough to justify the expense.

Macca
    Participant

What expense? You can get a set top box for like $90.

damonsmedley
    Participant

@nik – Sorry I meant non-digital!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

No, I just have Southern Cross Ten. They play the races very late, even when they’re in our time zone. It’s analogue on the mainland.

What expense? You can get a set top box for like $90.

Yes, I know. But I happen to be on a very tight budget on account of being a university student.

Frishy101
    Participant

It will be F1 for me. Haven’t really watched V8 Supercars for years now, especially since it moved to Channel 7 it’s just gone down hill IMO.

Silverkeg
    Participant

I had not even thought of this…I am a die-hard fan of both series!! I will probably do the same as Macca and record the start of F1 and just press play after Bathurst

I don’t know about Tasmania or in the country, but here in SA OneHD also runs simultaneously on One Digital as a standard definition feed. Not that it makes a difference to F1 as it’s all in SD anyway, but you should be able to get One in some form with a digital reciever in your TV or a set top box at the very least.

Prisoner Monkeys, I sympathise with you, my friend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.