F1

BBC / Sky TV Solution?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello.

I’m new to this forum so forgive me if this has been covered!

I’ve bben looking for a way of watching the racves that the BBC don’t show over the internet. I think it won’t matter what language the comentry is in because I can always listen to radio 5Live.

Has anyone used the company in the link below? I’d be gratefull of any advice as I’m NOT going to get Sky.

Thanks , Gareth

http://liveracingchannel.com/2/

I’d be very suspicious, it doesn’t look legitimate to me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just had another look at the web site,

Two things, 1. The picture of the F1 cars is old, DC in a MacLaren! 2. the price £8 for 3 years, its not worth chasing if you don’t get what you expect!

Anyone else got an opinion?

Tom_ec1
    Participant

From the small print:

liveracingchannel.com does not host any videos or TV streams on our website. We provide an easier access to these streams which are otherwise freely available on the net

On this point:

1. F1Fanatic and other forum-based sites do a pretty good job of giving links to live feeds

2. Quality is poor, often v frustrating

3. If it was me, I’d always be worrying that the connection will cut out, which would stop me enjoying the race

Hate to say it, but I’m probably going to get Sky digital just because of F1 coverage. An expensive habit but one I can’t kick…

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I’m not sure. It doesn’t look particularly legit to me either. However, if it’s only £8 for three years and it uses a secure payment system like Paypal, it’s no big loss if it doesn’t turn out to be what you hoped.

If it doesn’t have a secure, well known payment method however, then I’d steer clear. I’ll be amazed if free live streams don’t crop up next year anyway like they do now for GP2 races.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

I just clicked the link and got a message telling me it was ‘Fraudulant Website’, so dont do it :)

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

There is no legal way to get online streaming for F1 unless you happen to live in an area covered by a broadcaster providing that service.

Bernie really needs to sort out a deal with TV companies to have an official live streaming service. It’s beyond a friggin’ joke, now.

Zazeems
    Participant

It’s pretty easy to find streaming of almost any sport online somewhere… I remember doing it when England football matches were on Setanta.

Also, around the time Channel 4 lost the cricket coverage I rang up Sky and told them I would switch to Virgin Media unless my service was improved: Hey Presto! They gave me Sky Sports half price. I have repeatedly done this every time my subscription runs out, and have repeatedly received a cut price sports package.

This may just be because I’m a belligerent t**t to deal with over the phone, but hey, It’s gotten me all the cricket I can watch for surprisingly little for quite a while now.

Skett
    Participant

@Zazeems

I understand Sky doing what they do, their costs don’t really change with the number of customers so they’re better off with someone getting it cheap than not at all.

We used to have sky years ago (the full package) which was costing us some ridiculous sum of money. Since we didn’t really watch it that much we cancelled it. During the next couple of months we received numerous phone calls offering us better and better deals. I think they realised we weren’t gonna take it back when we turned down the full package for £12.50 a month!

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/motorsports.html

Is another way I have heard of people watching it. Again I don’t think this is legit

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.