F1

Best moment from 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys,

2010 was a great season for F1; Drama, Excitement and emotion.

To look back on it, tell us your favourite moment from the 2010 Formula 1 season.

Examples;

Mark Webber’s crash at Valencia and escaping in one piece

Collision between Reb Bull’s and one retiring in Istanbul

Ferrari team order scandal at Hockenhiem

Collision between Hamilton and Webber in Singapore

Vettel winning the title in Abu Dhabi

They’re just examples but you’ve probably thought of some that I didn’t know about. If so, post them on here and I’ll tell you my favourite moment on 11th March 2011 when practice 1 in Bahrain gets underway.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mark’s crash was my worst moment. I felt utterly sick watching it. It’s a credit to the sport that he walked away and I was so relieved he did but it really shook me up when I saw it.

My favourite moment was actually Fernando’s laugh on the radio at Korea.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Conveniently I have made a list of my top 10 moments!

http://f1lists.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/my-top-10-moments-of-2010/

Shameless self promotion ends here.

TommyB
    Participant

I’ll join in Dan’s shameless self promotion. Here’s my top 10 craziest moments.

http://wtf1.co.uk/post/1668888113/top-ten-craziest-moments-of-2010

Of course my actual favourite was seeing Vettel take the title.

Stevo

Hulkenburg’s pole in Brazil

skodarap

I think I’d go for Webber’s “that felt good” comment on radio after he lapped Schumacher in one of the early races in the season (not sure which one).

Asanator
    Participant

Schumacher passing Alonso on the last lap of the Monaco GP

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Alonso being forced to watch Vettel walk away with the title and being completely powerless to do anything about it was my favourite.

The universe always settles the score.

Mack41
    Participant

Webber winning the British Grand Prix and Hulkenburg grabbing pole position. I was smiling like a fool at both of those.

What about least favorite moments? Mine would have to be Monza. Say what you will about the team order fiasco robbing us of a battle between Massa and Alonso but what about the annoying required tire stop robbing us of an excellent battle between Alonso and Button.

wasiF1
    Participant

Many to choose from, Schumacher in Monaco & Hungary for opposite reasons. Webber in Valencia & off course Vettel on the top step of the podium & winning the WC.

Tom L.
    Participant

What about Barrichello passing Schumacher at Hungary? What with all the history behind their relationship, and Schumacher’s attempted block, I can’t imagine there were many people who weren’t happy to see Rubens just keep his foot down and get past.

Plus, as I said at the time, the best thing about that move was that it showed that two guys aged 38 and 41 were still prepared to give it their utmost battling over a single championship point. And if that isn’t a good advert for F1, I don’t know what is!

Adrian J
    Participant

Easy…”Fernando is faster than you”

Not because I approve of what Ferrari did – I don’t.

But because of the way Rob Smedley made it abundantly clear to anyone listening (ie the world!!) that he didn’t agree with the decision.

wasiF1
    Participant

@ Tom L

Have to agree with you when many says that in F1 you need more youth driver the two old drivers provided us with some entertainment in Hungary.

Funkyf1
    Participant

Not bad for a number 2 driver :)

for me, the most iconic moment is the scene of the red bull party after monaco.

that has stuck firmly in my mind.

i can also remember holding my head in my hands when vettel exploded in korea, giving alonso another (undeserved, possibly?) win.

of couse, the moment vettel crossed the line in abu dhabi does also stand out for me as alonso hadnt won :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.