F1

Best to worst line-ups

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Enigma
    Participant

Rate the driver line-ups of 2014 (the 9 confirmed) from best to worst. Line-ups you’d most like to have in your team to those you’d least like to have.

I’ll start:
    1) Ferrari
    2) Mercedes
    3) Red Bull
    4) Force India
    5) McLaren
    6) Williams
    7) Lotus
    8) Toro Rosso
    9) Sauber

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Mercedes
    Ferrari
    Force India
    Red Bull
    McLaren
    Williams
    Lotus
    Sauber

JackySteeg
    Participant

1 – Ferrari
    2 – Mercedes
    3 – Red Bull
    4 – Force India
    5 – McLaren
    6 – Lotus
    7 – Williams
    8 – Sauber
    9 – Toro Rosso

1. Ferrari
    2. Mercedes

3. Red Bull
    4. Force India
    5. McLaren
    6. Lotus

7. Williams
    8. Toro Rosso
    9. Sauber

Kingshark
    Participant

1. Ferrari
    2. Mercedes

3. Force India
    4. Red Bull

5. Lotus
    6. McLaren
    7. Williams

8. Sauber
    9. Toro Rosso

David-A
    Participant

1. Ferrari
    2. Mercedes
    3. Red Bull
    4. Force India
    5. Mclaren
    6. Williams
    7. Lotus
    8. Sauber
    9. Toro Rosso

Red Bull have the best driver on the grid, but also an extremely unproven driver in Ricciardo, which drags them down compared to Raikkonen and Rosberg. Likewise Mclaren dragged down by having a rookie.

Todfod
    Participant

Here goes –

1) Ferrari
    2) Mercedes
    3) Force India
    4) Red Bull
    5) Williams
    6) Lotus
    7) Mclaren
    8) Sauber
    9) Toro Rosso
    10) Marrussia
    11) Caterham

It was really close between Ferrari and Mercedes, and although Mercedes have the better qualifiers, Ferrari have the more consistent race day performers. Also thought it was close between Force India and Red Bull, but had to give it to Force India as both their drivers are far better than Ricciardo

HUHHII
    Participant

1. Ferrari
    2. Mercedes
    3. Red Bull
    4. Williams
    5. Force India
    6. McLaren
    7. Toro Rosso
    8. Lotus
    9. Sauber

Atticus
    Participant

1) Ferrari
    2) Mercedes
    3) Force India
    4) Red Bull
    5) McLaren
    6) Toro Rosso
    7) Williams
    8) Sauber
    9) Lotus

It was close between the first two for me as well – and it is only for 2014 I rate Ferrari’s higher than Merc’s. I think having two of the most experienced drivers in the team will help Ferrari tremendously this year with all these rule changes. However, both Alonso and Raikkonen has about one or two 100% year in them – then they’ll be still very very good, Hamilton level perhaps, but they’ll make an error or two. They already do. Vettel does not.

I see higher potential in the Hulk than in Hamilton at the moment, but this holds for Rosberg against Perez as well, which relegates Force India to 3rd. Vettel is the best or the 2nd best, but I don’t see anything particularly special in Ricciardo, not even a Webber level. Button obviously come home behind Vettel and Magnussen is an unknown quantity, like totally – not like Kvyat, who impressed during his two FP1 outings. Once again for the potential, he elevates Toro Rosso above Williams, spearheaded by an also excellent Bottas and a quite mediocre (sadly) Massa. Sauber has Sutil, who once beat Vettel in a lower-level championship, but in F1 falls short of all the outstanding No. 1 drivers of the above teams. Gutierrez is also one of the worse 2nd drivers. Lotus is the worst, really – I admire the work Grosjean did to overcome his 2012 issues, but he reminds me a lot of the 2006-2009 Massa in that I see more work than talent behind his performances than at others. And no matter how highly I regard hard work, raw talent is what gets you through the thread of the needle, I believe. I have no comment for Maldonado, of course, after what he showcased in F1…

All statements should have an imagined ‘I think…’ ahead of them, obviously.

HK
    Participant

1. Ferrari
    2. Mercedes
    3. Redbull
    4. Force India
    5. Mclaren
    6. Lotus
    7. Williams
    8. Torro Rosso
    9. Sauber

Had a hard time chosing between Mclaren and Lotus. Grosjean obviously has improved alot, and I actually rate him higher now than Button. But Magnussen is a very highly rated rookie, and think he has way more to offer than Maldonado. Honestly, I think Maldonado is one of the worst drivers on the grid. So that made me put Mclaren in 5th rather than Lotus.

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

It’s easy to see that many people think that Ferrari have the best line-up, with Mercedes a close second, but I’m going to go with something slightly different:

1. Red Bull
    2. Ferrari
    3. Mercedes
    4. McLaren
    5. Force India
    6. Williams
    7. Lotus
    8. Toro Rosso
    9. Sauber

Vettel is undoubtedly the best driver on the grid at the moment, and I think whilst Ricciardo isn’t quite at his level, I think he will be strong nonetheless.
    Ferrari obviously have two strong drivers, which together are better than Mercedes’ line-up.
    I think Magnussen is going to be a good driver, which puts him higher than Perez in my book, and I rate Button highly, so they just edge out Force India, more due to Magnussen being more talented in my mind than Perez.
    Grosjean was fantastic at the end of last year, but Maldonado drags them down in my opinion, behind that of the Williams’ pair.
    Toro Rosso is a bit of an unknown, but will probably still be better than Sauber.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Although Vettel has definately earned my favour this season. I wish people would stop calling him the best driver on the grid, face the facts WE DONT HAVE A CLUE!!! It could be Maldonado for all we know.I think it is incredibly close between HAM, ALO, VET, they are all amazing.

Jack_Hider
    Participant

Mercedes
    Ferrari
    Force India
    Red Bull
    Williams
    McLaren
    Lotus
    Sauber

It’s a tough call.

Kingshark
    Participant

The Force India line-up is really special IMO. Vettel is better than either of the FI drivers, and arguably the best driver on the grid – but both Hulkenberg and Perez are significantly more talented than Ricciardo in my view, so overall Force India edges Red Bull.

Deej92
    Participant

1. Ferrari
    2. Mercedes
    3. Red Bull
    4. Force India
    5. McLaren
    6. Williams
    7. Lotus
    8. Sauber
    9. Toro Rosso

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.