F1

Brundle – Your Thoughts?

• This topic has 47 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    RIISE

Ok so i’m posting this only hearing 5 minutes of him as the lead commentator. I think he seems alright, of course he is not going to sound so natural this early but I would prefer to hear this every race than Legard. A couple of mistakes from both MB and DC but generally I think it’s fine.

Strangely enough Brundle sounds like he does in the video games.

Anyway this is a major improvement already, but do you think the same?

James_mc
    Participant

I like what I’ve heard thus far, a definite case of “less is more”

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Yea they’re both good so far. They’re talking to each other well and are bringing out the technical side more but fluidly. Like it.

butterdori
    Participant

Good. But I personally prefer Legard’s voice lol

Icthyes
    Participant

I thought he sounded in video game mode at the very start too!

Much much much better than last year. My faith in Brundle has definitely been rewarded today.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used to spend half the time spent watching F1 annoyed by half of the commentary. Plus Legard seemed to bring Brundle down. It was clear straight out of the box that Brundle and Coulthard gel (they have been friends and have had a professional relationship in the past). I thought it was perfect, and the best commentary since Murray left.

Brundle did excellently as lead, and seems rejuvenated. He was excited and sounded alive, without being horribly over the top and forced like Legard ALWAYS did. Coulthard was not as dull as I though he was going to be, he’s perked up.

Best thing is, it’s only the first session, and it’ll only get (even) better!

RIISE

Ok so after that brilliant Brundle performance the decision to make him lead commentator was perfect. Coulthard was also great considering his lack of experience.

He always said something relevant, no ramblings about something that has no relevance to what’s going on the track.

BBC have finally cracked the commentary code with this one.

robbiepblake
    Participant

Liked them both but I noticed that Brundle has definitely taken Legard’s role, speaking a lot quicker and louder than normal whereas DC is doing what Brundle did last year – occasionally saying something quietly now and again.

It’s only their first commentary and I’m sure they’ll improve over the year but compared to what has been they are brilliant.

Nic Morley
    Participant

I thought they were both pretty good. Much better than that Legard anyway. It’s easier to listen to them comentate; instead of hearing Legard’s spastic voice.

VettelS

Brilliant, as (most of us) knew they would be :)

sw6569
    Participant

The first 5-10 mins were painful. Brundle was trying too hard and was emphasising the wrong words – it sounded bad.

However, after the initial oddities, he relaxed and the combination was really good. Nice pairing – although it is still strange to hear Brundle taking the lead role

pluk
    Participant

“I’m absolutely delighted to welcome David Coultard to the commentary box…” – that sounded like he meant it!

I guess the real test is race day but I was very impressed. Seems to be a great pairing, naturally flowing between the two. The actual commentary was well balanced between describing, explaining and predicting and all without shouting at random times. And when there was nothing much to say a bit of comfortable silence – bliss!

S.J.M
    Participant

From what i can remember of it (having 3hrs sleep and being very hung over from last night) it seemed good, Brundle did well as the lead and DC was way more interesting to listen to then as a presenter. im not sure whether il be switching from Crofty & Davidson but its certainly a good alternative, so we’l see.

GeeMac
    Participant

He did a great job. He has adapted well to his role as main commentator. A few times it seemed as though he expected DC to jump in (the way Brundle would with Murray and Legard) but DC didn’t which left Brundle short of things to say. But it was a great start for what should be a pretty solid commentary team.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Strangely enough Brundle sounds like he does in the video games..

@RIISE: I was thinking the same thing!

Considering I was half asleep, I think he did quite well today. It sounded a bit “prerecorded” at the start, which is understandable but once he settled in he was fine. And DC did quite well to. The two of them work well together I think.

Good luck to them. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.