F1

Can any photographers offer advice?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gougie
    Participant

I have just won a Sigma AF 135-400mm F4.5-5.6 APO lens on ebay as I wanted a telephoto lens for when I shoot motorsports. It sold for £200 however I could have bought a TAMRON AF 70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro for £90! Can anyone tell me if me paying the extra £110 will be justified and will I notice a big difference with the extra 100mm reach. I’m worried I may have made the wrong purchase.

Tommy C
    Participant

Yes, you will notice a difference, particularly if shooting from behind a fence. the larger the zoom, the less the fence will be visible. I use a sigma 150-500mm and was at the Aus GP this year. The 500mm photos are much better than the 300mm ones. can i upload photos here?

Gougie
    Participant

Thanks for that Tommy. I don’t mind paying the extra £110 if I know it’s worth it. Sure, I would like to see some photo’s. Upload them on here or you can email them to chris_gouge@hotmail.com

Cheers

Tommy C
    Participant

No problem, I just sent an email to you with 3 photos. Hope it’s useful for you

nik

which camera? camera makes a big difference, especially sensor area

Gougie
    Participant

Thanks for the photo’s Tommy. That’s a big help. The camera I’m using is a Canon 500d.

Tommy C
    Participant

Good to hear. I’ve got the same camera too so a very good comparison for you!

Gougie
    Participant

Ah! That’s cool! :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.