F1

Can Schumacher make the podium in Monza 2012?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    yazriel

Just watched the quali

Both mclarens are looking for good for a podium.
    So is Alonso of course.
    Massa imho will be further down the points despite all the home support. As will force india.
    Redbull and lotus (!) seem not to like this circuit

So is this chance for a Schumi podium ?

Kingshark
    Participant

Schumacher is generally quite a bit stronger in the race than he is in qualifying, so maybe, just maybe. I have hope.

mnmracer
    Participant

Kind of funny that for the guy that has 155 podiums, we’re hoping for him to make the podium.

Calum
    Participant

1x Mclaren
    1x Ferrari
    1x RedBull

Kingshark
    Participant

1x RedBull

Mercedes are genuinely better than Red Bull in Monza, so are Force India, or that at least appeared to be the case in qualifying.

I don’t think Vettel will make the podium in tomorrow, then again I was wrong about him in Belgium and I was wrong about Alonso in Malaysia, so who knows.

AdrianMorse
    Participant

If Schumacher is still fourth after the first lap, and nothing strange happens to the guys in front, then I think Michael will be looking backwards towards Alonso and Vettel rather than challenging those ahead.

I still see Vettel challenging for the podium (though not the top step) if he can get more out of his tyres than the others like he did in Spa. As for Alonso, if he’s still tenth after the first corner, then I think he’s out of it for the win. Very often, though, we have seen Alonso make up a lot of places on the first lap due to good driving and good fortune, so if he’s P5 after lap one, then anything is possible.

magon4
    Participant

McLarens and 1 Ferrari…

Bradley Downton
    Participant

1 McLaren, 1 Sauber, 1 Ferrari…

Am I too late? ;)

AdrianMorse
    Participant

@bradley13, well, it’s still post-qualy… ;-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.