F1

Could Perez end up at McLaren?

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 42 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Bradley Downton 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Calum
    Participant

Rightly or wrongly, I think they would chose Di Resta over Hulk.

matt90
    Participant

Is that shocking? If it is, it’s only really because there are so many Germans in F1 at the moment and over the past decade.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

And it’s not like McLaren have chosen not to take a German driver because they’re German.

Calum
    Participant

Is it true they tried to get Schumacher before he went to Ferrari, I remember reading something of the sort in an F1 Racing mag years back.

Kingshark
    Participant

I remember Mclaren being interested in Rosberg after 2007 and Vettel after 2008. Meh.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

@kingshark Didn’t McLaren run Jochen Mass?

Kingshark
    Participant

@f1enigma: McLaren line up Sergio Perez to replace Lewis Hamilton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2203836/McLaren-line-Sergio-Perez-replace-Lewis-Hamilton.html

Via @MailOnline

Perez to Mclaren, I’d like to see that happen since Ferrari have no faith in him whatsoever despite being on the junior driver development program.

If Perez wins a championship with Mclaren, it would be quite “funny”, but not from Ferrari’s perceptive though!

Mind you I made a thread for this, totally forgetting about Bradley’s topic created like a week ago. :P

magon4
    Participant

Schumacher was supposed to go to McLaren, because of Mercedes. He chose Ferrari instead.

James Blackman
    Participant

I think Rosberg will go to Ferrari, Hamilton to Mercedes, Perez to McLaren and Massa back to Sauber. Schumacher will stay with Mercedes until he retires, I personally think he just wants to win a few more races to get to 100 race wins. I may be completely wrong

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@cocoonfxmedia – Why would Sauber take Massa? I get that Ferrari have influece over the team, but if they’re going to use it, then they’re going to use it to get Sauber to take Bianchi.

James Blackman
    Participant

He’s driven for them before and someone with his experience could assist Sauber.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@cocoonfxmedia – Sauber don’t need experience. They need someone who can capitalise on the potential of the car, not someone who is a hundred and fifty points behind his team-mate.

Kingshark
    Participant

@cocoonfxmedia – Sauber don’t need experience. They need someone who can capitalise on the potential of the car, not someone who is a hundred and fifty points behind his team-mate.

His teammate is quite a bit of a better driver than Perez or Kobayashi are, don’t you think. Frankly, I don’t think he’s done much worse than say, Button this season.

That being said, I agree that current Felipe Massa doesn’t belong in F1, or at least certainly not in a non-new team.

matt90
    Participant

Button has 2 wins and a podium compared to his team mates 3 wins. Massa… doesn’t.

I agree that Sauber would be mad to take back Massa. They have many better options.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I can probably name eight drivers who would suit Sauber better than Felipe Massa: Alguersuari, Bianchi, Kovalainen, Frijns, Gutierrez, Juncadella, Serralles and Calado.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.