F1

Could Virgin win the Spanish Grand Prix?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

Ok, so the title may be slightly decieving but this post is about the ongoing row of the Exhaust Blown Throttle thingymajig Diffuser. Every team is apparently running this in Spain with the exception of Virgin and HRT. The FIA has also clarified that they will look into this matter and in time ban this device as it has become a moveable piece. But they have added if they get a complaint from any team they will have to look into it and it’s quite likely teams running it could be Disqualified. Williams brought this up but with Virgin and HRT not running it should they protest? They have nothing to lose being at the back anyway and only something to gain. Virgin declared this morning in FP3 that they would not Protest but surely HRT could. They’re not in FOTA and could only gain from others being disqualified? It’s quite shallow, but would they do it? Or would any other team do it (such as because Williams brought this up)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Liuzzi on the podium :)

Mark-L
    Participant

Haha Fixy love it.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

or would he, will both HRT’s actually make the race ;) aha

Anonymous
    Inactive

If they did do it or even thought of it I’d immediately love them and be in admiration of their deviousness. They’re definitely proper F1 teams for thinking like that

BasCB
    Participant

From what the top 3 were giving as quotes after qualifying, I think it will not happen. Something about how they are aware, that if McLaren and RBR would put on softs for Q1 the grid would be some 4 cars shorter, so not not using them was also about being responsible.

To me that sounds like a message to Kolles and Booth to be happy with the top cars not putting them out of the race and not ruin the rest of their seasons by losing the goodwill of these teams with a protest.

nik

“Liuzzi on the podium :)”

and a Joe Saward blog post saying “TOLDYA!”

Icthyes
    Participant

Who knows, those top 4 places in one race might be worth it for Virgin and HRT to be bumped out of the 107% out of spite every weekend.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Colin Kolles n ow talking to BBC about protesting :O… Timo Glock could about to be handed the Spanish GP Victory, he has announced that if things don’t change for Monaco he WILL protest after Monaco GP Qualifying

S.J.M
    Participant

I dont get where this will leave HRT, 2nd from the bottom?

Bradley Downton
    Participant

in the championship? or the race?

sw6569
    Participant

@bradley was he saying he would protest this race? or just monaco?

Bradley Downton
    Participant

He just said he would protest, from the looks of things he really wasnt/isnt happy about the whole thing and i think he plans to protest any race this year which has involved a car with the Blown diffuser :/

S.J.M
    Participant

Bradley, well in the Race/Championship pecking order. The only advantage that it can give HRT is that it will bring Virgin closer to them on race/qualy pace.

@sw6569, he meant that it the teams run it at Monaco he’l complain but was open-ended (to say the least) if it will be before or after the race that he complains.

I dont get why HRT (and apparently others) have left it to now to complain, 5 races into the season AND after Testing, im guessing that HRT & Virgin believe this will bring them closer to Team Lotus maybe? but their car looks SO much quicker anyway. Whitting said that its going to be brought up at the next meeting which is in June and that the descision will be made (apparently) around the time of the British GP.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

although Whiting did say that if any team Protested, he would seriously have to consider it, and i’d say this was more severe than Sauber’s techinical infringement in Australia…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.