F1

Coulthard to Sky?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Just heard a rumour on another forum saying that David is going to SKY? Anyone else heard this?

If that is the case, then the BBC presenting team is looking pretty dire.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t heard or seen anything about that just some rumors DC may have got married in secret.

sozavele
    Participant

Sky already have a big enough team in my opinion. Even if one person leaves I don’t really think they would not a replacement (4 pundits in the build up I think is enough, I prefer 3 personally). So I doubt there is any substance in this rumour. Also if anything, I expect if one of Johnny Herbert or Damon Hill left they would probably move Anthony Davidson into the position. Overall, if he is leaving BBC, I imagine it will be leaving BBC and leaving TV presenting for now.

Karthikeyan
    Participant

The pundit club at Sky didn’t know the difference between a flashing yellow and a stationary yellow flag, so its not a bad rumor. Hill and Herbert are the weak links in the presentation team.

Force Maikel
    Participant

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I hope this stays a rumour, it’s like the people that refuse to pay for F1 are punished every year for their insubordination. As if sky is breaking the BBC apart piece by piece.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

A more likely explanation is that Sky is trying to get the best people to provide the best coverage.

PhilEReid
    Participant

If Sky were to drop Lazenby and Herbert, and brought in Coulthard instead, I’d be happy. Lazenby lacks on-screen charisma, and Herbert is just an idiot, talking to everyone as if they were 5 years old. Having the Brundle/Coulthard commentary team back again would be nice (can’t stand Croft for the races, but he’s not bad for the practice sessions with Davidson, and whilst I love Brundle, it’s difficult to watch the Sky during races because of Croft… But then it’s all the races live. I think in 2014 I’ll ‘alternate’ between BBC and Sky during the races).

Really what I want is a return from Humphrey, but that’s never going to happen.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.