F1

Dream 2013 season

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What would your ideal 2013 season be?

Adam Tate
    Participant

It’s a rather open ended question, but I’ll have a go at it! :)
    I was just talking about this with a friend the other day. My ideal season would be one in which RedBull, Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus and Mercedes all start the season with nearly equal lap times. No team having the upper hand for more than a race or two, little reliability issues, and a closer fight for the championships than last season.

Kingshark
    Participant

1. Sky drops F1 rights and hands them back to the BBC by the end of the season.

2. A very competitive season with lots of drivers and teams winning races.

3. The title is once again decided in the season finale at Interlagos.

4. Caterham and Marrusia both score their first point, and slowly begin to challenge the midfield.

5. Ferrari finally design the best or equal best car. No more wind tunnel excuses now.

6. The Scuderia win the WCC and Alonso wins the WDC.

Bob
    Participant

The season begins with no clear “fastest car”. A titanic, epic, ultra-competitive, six-way drivers’ championship struggle develops over the course of the season between Vettel, Alonso, Raikkonen, Button, Perez and Massa. Races are as engaging as they were in 2012. Meanwhile, Hulkenberg and Grosjean claim their maiden wins, and Marussia, their first point(s). The championship chase goes down to the final race, with Button winning his second title by the skin of his teeth, and Ferrari ending RBR’s streak of Constructors’ titles.

@kingshark

1. Sky drops F1 rights and hands them back to the BBC by the end of the season.

2. A very competitive season with lots of drivers and teams winning races.

3. The title is once again decided in the season finale at Interlagos.

4. Caterham and Marrusia both score their first point, and slowly begin to challenge the midfield.

5. Ferrari finally design the best or equal best car. No more wind tunnel excuses now.

6. The Scuderia win the WCC and Alonso wins the WDC.

It was all going so well until #5 and #6. :P

But seriously, I’d like all of that but without Ferrari and Alonso winning, personally. Would love to see Sauber win a race and Webber or Checo win a title.

Kingshark
    Participant

@magnificent-geoffrey

It was all going so well until #5 and #6. :P

But seriously, I’d like all of that but without Ferrari and Alonso winning, personally.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb337/multibikram/Other%20Pictures/Untitled-16_zps60df5357.png

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

My dream season is simple: Red Bull go down in flames. Their abuse of the rulebook finally catches up to them, and the FIA bans them for two races, just as they did BAR all those years ago. This costs them both championships.

Sky drops F1 rights and hands them back to the BBC by the end of the season.

Why would they do that? Sky get the broadcast rights to the full season at the minimum price, since the BBC is paying for half of it. And the BBC gave up the rights to the full season because they felt it was too expensive. Sky has no reason to give up the rights, and the BBC has no reason to re-acquire them.

matt90
    Participant

Vettel doesn’t win the WDC. Probably neither McLaren diver either (I’m a McLaren fan and a Button fan, but I would be a bit miffed if they finally pulled their finger out immediately after losing their best driver). See Hamilton driving very well in a car which clearly isn’t one of the top 3. See Perez push Button. Kimi driving a Lotus as good or better than last year. A close championship battle and good races!

Participant

In my dream season, Räikkönen wins the WDC by making an impossible overtake on the final lap at the last corner in Brazil. I wish.

Kingshark
    Participant

@brazil2007
    The final, real corner at Interlagos is Junção. I can’t remember, nor imagine any spectacular overtake through there. However, the corner previous to that one is Mergulho, an epic fast left-hander; there I can certainly visualize Kimi nailing someone around the outside. :p

raymondu999
    Participant

@Kingshark you forget that the last “map” corner is the long left. It would be epic if the championship was decided there.

Kingshark
    Participant

@raymondu999
    In Codemasters’ F1 2012 I can never seem to overtake around there. Whenever I try, I am always barged off the track and onto the grass. :-/

Anonymous
    Inactive

2008 brazil with massa and hamilton reversed roles would be the best for me with fernando and vettel also being in contention but with massa driving through from the back of the grid to take the championship :D

Todfod
    Participant

If Red Bull doesn’t have a car that is the class of the field, this season should be interesting.

As long as Vettel doesn’t win his 4th crown, or Jenson doesn’t win his 2nd (vomit in mouth moment) … I think the season should be great.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@todfod why all the hate on jenson?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.