F1

driver to driver radio communication

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    silencer

is it possible for F1 to have some sort of device that allow communication between drivers.

we have seen several incident where faster driver got block by slower driver through the race weekend. so maybe by allowing driver to communicate among them on the track, the chances of blocking incident can be at least minimize.

eg:

faster driver : oi sakon, get out of racing line, I’m coming thru

sakon : WTF

maybe it can be much more interesting if the drivers are allow to communicate on the track

Eggry
    Participant

maybe much more interesting there’s still JPM in F1 lol

Hare
    Participant

You mean like on PS3? They’re all talking to each other? Otherwise if you had to choose to talk to a driver, you’d need controls. Voice control, or request a connection from your pit. Manual controls would be a bit crazy but you could have a rocker switch and a LCD display I spose.

The only other way is team mate to team mate comms.

All of which isn’t gonna happen any time soon, but I like the idea! :D

SoerenKaae
    Participant

I think it would be too hard for the drivers to control who they are talking to.

sw6569
    Participant

Fernando: I am faster than you, do you understand this message?

It should be the team’s responsibility to ensure their drivers don’t end up blocking anyone. The drivers have enough to worry about as it is.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I don’t think it’s a wise idea to let drivers talk with each other. For one, there;s twenty-three other drivers out there, so how do they concentrate on the road whilst changing radio channels?

Plus, they might interrupt an important message from the other driver’s team.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great idea, but quite impractical

Hare
    Participant

personally, I think they should have driver to driver laser beams.. also be able to fire upside down turtle shells at other drivers. Push to pass is obvious. If they get hit, they should respawn form the pit lane. I’ve also been a long time advocate of attaching rockets to the back.

I would like to see at least 2 of these items, before I reach 80.. Thank you.

Hare
    Participant

@PM I love the idea of Massa singing down the radio, interrupting a message to/from Alonso.

‘Fernando is fast… !!LALALA E o sol da Liberdade, em raios fúlgidos!!… can you confirm you.. !!Brilhou no céu da Pátria nesse instante!!!!..’

What a beautiful image…

Scribe
    Participant

I don’t think drivers in the same team would want to shoot the breeze, let alone drivers in differant ones.

James_mc
    Participant

I seem to remember an electrical fault in the Ferraris (possibly rain-related) at a wet Silverstone in the late 1990’s (1998?) resulted in Eddie Irvine and Schumi being able to talk to each other!

matty55
    Participant

I think its an interesting idea but not for ordering slower drivers out of the way. I tink they should do what they do in America and let you find your own way past backmarkers. If your good enough to be in F1 then you should be able to pass backmarkers by your own initiative.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

They would be filling the air waves with ‘yer mum’ jokes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.