F1

Driving from Monaco to Calais – overnight stop-off?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    benlancaster
    Participant

All,

I’m looking for a recommendation for somewhere to stop off overnight on the way back from Monte Carlo to Calais on the Monday after the Monaco GP – any tips? Not necessarily a specific hotel, but a place where we can have a good night out, and do a bit of sight-seeing the following day. (and not Paris).

Thanks in advance,

ben

Dan Thorn
    Participant

When we went on holiday to the south of France many years ago, we stopped off at Dijon on the way back and had an unbelievable meal in one of the restaurants there (it was the first time I discovers the joys of fillet steak)…sadly I cant remember what it was called but the whole town was very pretty and a great way to end a brilliant holiday.

jihelle
    Participant

It will also depend on how fast you will drive. If you take motorways all the way, I would say the first possible stops would be Tournus or Beaune (kind of smallish towns with good accomadations and very good food), Dijon (beautiful as well but bigger so you may loose a little time coming in and out) and then Reims (but Monaco to Reims in one day is quite a stretch). Tournus is one of my favourite stops when I go down the highway from Paris to the South East.

benlancaster
    Participant

Well, we’re planning to do Calais to Monaco in a day on the way down, so journeys on the way back are the least of my concerns!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.